Quick Connect Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Connect Options?

Hoping someone can point me toward some quick connect options/parts for wiring a guitar. I can solder but have a guitar I just keep modifying over and over again (and this particular guitar is kind of a pain to work on). I've seen snap connectors, but don't know the proper name so I am having difficulty locating them.

Liberator will not work for my application as I am trying to avoid accessing the pots.

Thanks!
    Last edited by PoorMan; 04-04-2021, 12:14 PM.
    Originally posted by Frankly
    PoorMan knows what everyone deserves. Everyone knows that.
    Originally posted by Diocletian
    Hi John Jolly. I like you a lot. If you would enjoy some sex please contact me. Maybe we could discuss the Les Paul guitar during it. I would like that.

Found it: Molex connector
    Originally posted by Frankly
    PoorMan knows what everyone deserves. Everyone knows that.
    Originally posted by Diocletian
    Hi John Jolly. I like you a lot. If you would enjoy some sex please contact me. Maybe we could discuss the Les Paul guitar during it. I would like that.

Comment

Yeah, you can have a bunch of Molex connectors. I have one in a Music Man so I can swap out pickguards quickly. But you'd need some small ones, with a crimping device to attach them to the wires. It certainly could be done if you found small enough connectors.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

You can buy kits on eBay with the wires color coded for different pickup brands. I’ve done this on some Duncans to install in a Gibson guitar with the PCB and quick connect stuff.

Comment

I installed an Obsidian Wire set on my Fender Strat and I like it a lot. Very clear, quality components and treble bleed really useful.

Comment

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
            I installed an Obsidian Wire set on my Fender Strat and I like it a lot. Very clear, quality components and treble bleed really useful.
            Where did you get it?

Comment

Directly on the web site (obsidianwire.com). I ordered the Traditional Vintage Plus for Strat. It shipped from the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
                Obsidian Wire makes some really good products. I have used their kits in both a strat and tele and both have worked well. Easy for changing pickups and good components.

Comment

Working...
                X