Closest Duncan to a Dirty Fingers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superpete View Post

there's more to a pickup's tone than resistance and magnets. ...
    I agree, just thought we'd already gone there with the Distortion being suggested. But hey, I've got nothing against the Custom. It's my favorite anyway.
    I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

This was copied directly from Gibson's website (using the exact language that they used, with the same bullet points), so they may have changed the specs since you tested them.
      Much of what they have as pickup specs is wrong.

If you Google Dirty Fingers you’ll find references to them being 16K. They were the hottest pickups Gibson made. The Super Humbuckers (tar backs) were sometimes 14K.

They might be winding them that way now, but if you’re trying to match the tone of the original Dirty Fingers that won’t do it.

They are actually very close to pickups I make. Except I don’t use screw poles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X