banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To A2P, or not A2P, which is the pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CaptainWhizz
    replied
    I’ve watched the video once, but only through my phone’s speaker. I could hear the differences, but not enough to pick a favourite/ guess which is which.

Leave a comment:

• EmiAba
    replied
    Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    150 views and only 4 takers on which is what?

OK....let's pull back a little bit of the curtain. The pickups are, in no particular order:

An A2P - in a Dean Cadillac
    A Pearly Gates - in a Dean Cadillac
    A 79 Gibson T-Top in a Les Paul

So - what do you think now???
    Stil thinking the A2P si the second sample. And the PGn is the tihird

Leave a comment:

• CaptainWhizz
    replied
    Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    Again - no mastering for YT vs SC

Straight in and up.
    In other words, no foreplay?

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Again - no mastering for YT vs SC

Straight in and up.

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    Worth noting the clarity is different between YouTube and Soundcloud. I almost thought they were in a different order between the two sources. Had to listen a bunch of times. Relistening to the YouTube with better headphones makes me think A is Pearly Gates, B is the T-Top and C is the A2P? Basically A is the brightest, C a little darker and B the weakest/murkiest. That's why I am now thinking A is PG, B id T-Top and C is A2P.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by Securb View Post

Don't be impressed it is probably iced tea like The Clash circa 1980
    One night a guy comes up and says "I was hoping you would give me a shot of that Jack!" and I was like "What Jack???" He goes "That jack in the bottle on your amp." Me: "Oh - yeah, that's comp stuff. can't hand it out. Not allowed."

Hell yes it's tea. But which is the A2P???
    Last edited by Aceman; 04-05-2021, 09:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
    Killer pic with the Jack lol.
    Don't be impressed it is probably iced tea like The Clash circa 1980

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    150 views and only 4 takers on which is what?

OK....let's pull back a little bit of the curtain. The pickups are, in no particular order:

An A2P - in a Dean Cadillac
    A Pearly Gates - in a Dean Cadillac
    A 79 Gibson T-Top in a Les Paul

So - what do you think now???

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
    First one is what I think Slash might actually sound like standing in front of his amp.
    Why, thank you...thank you very much.

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    Listening to the Soundcloud version this time on a different set of ears, now I'm not as sure. Third one sounded most like the finished record but maybe a little too dark/muted, first one sounded like what I would expect the raw, unproduced Slash tone to have been, and the second was lower output, bit too much treble, not as thick - didn't like it as much with hi-fi ears. I'm going to guess first was the A2P, second possibly PG, maybe the third was a Dean stock pickup. First one is what I think Slash might actually sound like standing in front of his amp.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Interesting thoughts...I'm not commenting in any direction, right wrong, or otherwise.

At least not yet. I will say that there are two Duncan pickups and one non-Duncan in the mix. None of the pickups are modified.
    Last edited by Aceman; 04-05-2021, 12:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied
    The second one sounds like the A2P. All sounded pretty much the same to me with the exception of the second one being slightly cleaner.
    Last edited by ErikH; 04-05-2021, 12:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EmiAba
    replied
    I like the third demo. And I think it is the PGn. While the second one is the A2P. Really don't know what is the first pickup

Leave a comment:

• ToneFiddler
    replied
    2nd one i didn‘t like. pickup needs more gain for that lick.
    can not decide if i like the first or the last better. first one is a bit stiff so i guess 3) is the A2P

Leave a comment:

• gsammo79
    replied
    Demo #3 is the A2P and was the one I preferred. It nailed the riff the best, imo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X