banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Split Coil Wiring Diagram Help - 3H 3V 1T - 3x3 way slide switches (off/on-H/on-S)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the comments - that's food for thought.

Perhaps I'm thinking of 2 different setups... Back to the original thought process:
    • The reason for 3 switches in the first place was to coil split each pickup quickly with a switch rather than a push/pull pot.
    • Then it made sense to me to utilise each switch to act as the pickup selectors so no need for another switch. (so off/on/on-coil split)
    • 3V 1T was there mostly because that's normal for the Firebird VII style 3 pickup setup I had in mind. (Though I really like the idea of blending the volumes as I've done on other builds).
    So perhaps if I want 3 switches (slide or toggle), I need 1V 1T. You lose the blending but get the switches.

And perhaps if I want 3 volumes for blending, I want the Strat blender diagram modified with push/pull pots to coil split the pickups (then add a tone as per Ewizards comments).

Will I run into issues / is it possible to put push/pull pots (and a tone) onto that blender diagram?

(Thanks again - this is awesome help and while what I originally had in mind might not be the right option, very happy to get these extra ideas/builds/guitars out of it.)

Comment

Originally posted by MrCDubya View Post
      Will I run into issues / is it possible to put push/pull pots (and a tone) onto that blender diagram?
      There should be no problem at all. Remember, that the switch and pot portion of a push-pull is both electrically and mechanically independent of each other. They are simply two controls that share a common mounting hole. One uses rotation, and one uses up/down.

And also . . . sometimes it's good to go with your first inclination. Try your idea. If you don't like it, and you don't mind spending the time and trouble, you can try something else. I have several guitars that have been through about a dozen wiring configurations, just to learn.

Comment

Good call.

Thanks again for the help.

I will (eventually) report back!

Comment

Working...
        X