JB In The LE HM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if I combine the above:

* Keep my backup SSS Stratocaster I was supposed to sell last year, but am procrastinating until later this year.

* Put a JBJ back in my Kahler'd Stratocaster to have my '84 to '86 tone. I still have my white HSS pickguard.

* Get 2 more Stratocasters for the Demon and PATB-2. Helps bring eternal happiness.

* Buy a Super 3 and put it in the HM Strat. Gives me the authentic '88 to '92 HM Strat tone I never had AND cures my fear of buying a DiMarzio pickup. My Super Distortion and Evolution came already installed in guitars I bought. Or buy a Stratocaster with a Super 3 in it, transplant the Super 3 to the HM Strat and use the guitar for Loose end #2 below.

Loose end #1, missing my '83 to P-Rails introduction Custom tone. I could pull the P-Rail from my test bed Bullet S-3 and put my DCJ back in.

Loose end #2, missing my '86 to '95 Distortion tone. Maybe get a 3rd new Stratocaster and put the DDJ on the parts shelf in it? Maybe a Warmoth build? It only needs to be a single bridge H configuration. Another check in the eternal happiness column.

​​​​​I think that about covers the '80s, gets some good pickups off the parts shelf and positions me to try and have more guitars than Little Pigbacon has pedals.

Decisions... decisions...
    I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

I put a JB (actually a TB-4) into my 2020 Limited Edition HM Strat. While the Fender HM humbucker is pretty good, it is a bit harsh compared to the JB. I think the JB is HUGE improvement.

Comment

Rock that JB like it was meant to be , laying in a pile of parts is tone abuse .

Comment

Well....

beaubrummels convinced me to try a Super 3 in my LE HM Strat since that was in the originals. One popped up in The Trading Post last week and I bought it. I'm going to give that a go first.

Mincer convinced me to buy new guitars for my pickups on my parts shelf. I bought my first yesterday, so I'll try a JB in there.

If that doesn't work out, I can always keep my backup SSS Strat I was planning to sell and put a JB back in my original roll-your-own HM Strat.

I haven't had a JB in anything since '86 or '87, so I'm going to get one back in something!
          I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Just doing my part to keep the music flowing! Let me know how the JB sounds in there!
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
            X