No announcement yet.

noise from volume pot after adding spc to blackouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And, if this started with the SPC control, I might start with the cap between the vol wiper and SPC. But again, an actual voltage measurement, with volume up, then down, would be better.

Comment

ill start with readings for sure. when i heard it, i thought aww crap something is leaking dc, even though i had no idea what that sounds like.

once i open it up i can check for dc on the pot, then put the cap in both places to see if it helps. dont need strings on it for any of that

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        ill start with readings for sure. when i heard it, i thought aww crap something is leaking dc, even though i had no idea what that sounds like.

once i open it up i can check for dc on the pot, then put the cap in both places to see if it helps. dont need strings on it for any of that
        Just remember, (to make things easier), if the voltage drops to zero when you roll the volume down, then the cap should definitely go between vol pot and SPC. Or, you may even have a faulty SPC and maybe want to return it. If it's new. They shouldn't backfeed voltage.

P.S. When you aren't actually turning the pot, how does she sound?

Comment

everything sounds awesome when im not turning the pot. between the two switchable levels of output of the blackouts (at least for neck and bridge, middle is low output only since im using a p/p 25k pot) and the mid boost its everything i hoped.

the spc is old. the new ones have the quick connects which im sure i could make work, but ive had this one for years and its easier to work with wires

Comment

Yup. I like wires too. Now I'm GAS'ing for an SPC.

I wish Duncan would make more stuff like this. I have the ABC control for my bass, but haven't installed it yet.

Comment

Working...
            X