Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB_From_Hell
    replied
    I think this is the first time I’ve ever seen a pickup question posed by Jeremy.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Step one is a cap in series with the input of the pot. I'd probably try 1 uf first. That will verify the problem and may fix it altogether.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    i thought it might be dc on the pot. ugh. any idea what i can try?

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    That's the sound of DC riding on the pot. You can probably measure it with a meter. Generally, it means there may be a bad cap in the circuit, or possibly, two incompatible circuits. It can be a tough one to figure out.

A low value cap on the input to the volume pot may fix it. Say, in the 1 to 10 uf range. At the minimum, it will verify that that's the problem.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    started a topic noise from volume pot after adding spc to blackouts

noise from volume pot after adding spc to blackouts

i have a hamer daytona which i love and a few years ago i put a set of blackout singles in there. they are great sounding pups and being able to put the two output levels on a switch is great for a little boost when you need it. but of course, i wasnt satisfied so found an old emg spc control to wire in and a push/pull 25k pot to keep the switchable output. got it all wired up and it works great! other than the fact that the volume control makes horrible noise when turning it. it works normally, reducing output as its turned down, but makes nasty popping noise when you turn it. not a dirty pot crackle, but something different. its only the volume control, the tone and spc both work fine with no noise. what the heck could be going on?
Working...
X