X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Yup. (Which is a good thing.)
    i see.

so , the new pickups set should have neck pickup with reversed magnet, and i need to solder the wires the same as the hyperions right? (according to SD color code).

i have another question.
    is it possible to use this set with normal 3 way switch + coil split push pull? (just in case i will sell this guitar in the future and i would like to keep the new pickups)

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
      Kkndman,

if neither magnet in your replacement pups is flipped, you DO have an alternative choice to flipping the magnet in one of them. *if* you don't mind having one of your two pickups physically rotated 180 degrees from normal in its pickup mountibmng ring, than you can wire that pickup a little differently from normal, which i can explain how to do. Let me know.
      im thinking about bare knuckle pickups, the 2 coils looks the same (both with screws), so there is no visual effect if you rotate the neck pickup 180 digress.

Comment

Originally posted by kkndman View Post
        so , the new pickups set should have neck pickup with reversed magnet,
        Yes, but they don't generally come that way. Flipping a magnet in a pup is fairly easy. (Unless its covered.)

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Yes, but they don't generally come that way. Flipping a magnet in a pup is fairly easy. (Unless its covered.)
          yea, they say to mention to reverse the neck pickup on checkout message box, they do it with no extra cost.
          before i make the order,
          is it possible to use this set (with reversed neck) with normal 3 way switch + coil split push pull? (just in case i will sell this guitar in the future and i would like to keep the new pickups)

Comment

yea, they say to mention to reverse the neck pickup on checkout message box, they do it with no extra cost.
            before i make the order,
            is it possible to use this set (with reversed neck) with normal 3 way switch + coil split push pull? (just in case i will sell this guitar in the future and i would like to keep the new pickups)
            Yes. Flipping the magnet has no affect on wiring options per se. Just the WAY you wire it.

Comment

im thinking about bare knuckle pickups, the 2 coils looks the same (both with screws), so there is no visual effect if you rotate the neck pickup 180 digress.
              Cool.

I saw your later reply where you said you have the option to order the pickup with the magnet flipped at no extra cost. Does the BR website specify whether they also Reverse Wind the pup in addition to flipping the magnet? Whether they do or don't, makes a difference in how the pickup needs to be wired.

One thing I'll throw out for your consideration: if you instead choose to order the pickup in regular format (no mag flip) and rotate it like I mentioned previously plus wire it in a specific way that I can explain to you, you'll be all set for the future - you'll know how to do this for future pups you may acquire where neither pup in the set had a mag flip. And you won't have to disassemble that future pup either to flip the mag. Just something to think about. Let me know.

Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

I wonder if that switch is available separately.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post

Cool.

I saw your later reply where you said you have the option to order the pickup with the magnet flipped at no extra cost. Does the BR website specify whether they also Reverse Wind the pup in addition to flipping the magnet? Whether they do or don't, makes a difference in how the pickup needs to be wired.

One thing I'll throw out for your consideration: if you instead choose to order the pickup in regular format (no mag flip) and rotate it like I mentioned previously plus wire it in a specific way that I can explain to you, you'll be all set for the future - you'll know how to do this for future pups you may acquire where neither pup in the set had a mag flip. And you won't have to disassemble that future pup either to flip the mag. Just something to think about. Let me know.

thank you so much for replay and help!
                  there is a mention about reveres wind on their Q&A , plus they do offer a service for flipping back the magnet to normal for a very small fee, you just need to send them the pickup.
                  i think i will order the flipped magnet on the neck and wire them the same as the SD are wired, and if ill need to flip it back again i will send the pickup to BK (there is a lifetime warranty for the pickups to the original buyer, so if you turn the magnet by yourself you loose the warranty)

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    I wonder if that switch is available separately.
                    i dont know if it sold , but this is the switch with the alter switch part number

Comment

Working...
                    X