banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DiMarzio PAF® 59 Neck (DP274) in the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiMarzio PAF® 59 Neck (DP274) in the UK?

Was really interested in these pickups, after watching Tracii Guns preaching about them in a recent video. I think they've been around for a few years? I love the Jimmy Page quality they are reported to have, and which Tracii demonstrates well, especially in the middle position, for that Page Live Sound.

Anyone found any in the UK recently? Are they still generally available? Any user experience here?

Think I have the 490R in the neck of my Gibson SG and really want something in there which is a bit more lively and vintage. Pretty happy with the 490T which I think is in the bridge at the moment.

I don’t remember seeing any PAF 59 necks recently, but I will keep an eye out. Have you checked out the PAF 36th Anniversary? Several videos on YouTube using that for Page tones.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post
      I don’t remember seeing any PAF 59 necks recently, but I will keep an eye out. Have you checked out the PAF 36th Anniversary? Several videos on YouTube using that for Page tones.
      Cheers. That 36th Anniversary was actually mentioned in the Tracii Guns interview, but he said it wasn't quite the same.

I emailed Max at Cottam Guitars in Manchester, as he is a Dimarzio Dealer and he confirmed that worldwide distribution of Dimarzio has been impacted at the moment. He anticipates a 3 month wait on one of these pickups, if he orders one in now. Still deciding if I want to order one (little pricier than I expected, at £99)

Comment

I’ve had a look around the online shops I can think of, nobody seems to have any in stock.

Comment

Working...
        X