X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan Cool Rails - Neck

Hi,

Two questions please.

1. How do you think this might mix with a Dimarzio PAF bridge pickup? I don't want it to overpower the Dimarzio bridge - either when in combination with the neck Cool Rails or when switching between them. The Cool Rails will be direct mounted in the guitar so there won't be the opportunity to sink it into the guitar as you would with a pickguard mounted pickup in order to balance the output.

2. Do Seymour Duncan suffer much from counterfeit pickups? I have my eye on this - described as new, but bought in bulk, so there is no branded packaging. https://ebay.us/cyL2ZE

Thanks,
    Andy

Originally posted by andyg_prs View Post
    Do Seymour Duncan suffer much from counterfeit pickups?
    Yup. And that one looks suspicious simply by virtue of the fact that they didn't take a clear pic of the top.

But here's one more thing to consider: I have had this problem with customers guitars. That cable is stiff, and comes straight out of the side. It can be problematic when dealing with direct mount routing.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Yup. And that one looks suspicious simply by virtue of the fact that they didn't take a clear pic of the top.

But here's one more thing to consider: I have had this problem with customers guitars. That cable is stiff, and comes straight out of the side. It can be problematic when dealing with direct mount routing.
      It's not such a great deal that I'm worried about taking any chances on it. I'm not quite ready for a string change yet, but good spot....I'll unscrew the existing pickup and see if I can release it enough to check where the wiring hole is in the guitar.

Comment

Yes, there are a lot of fakes out there, especially on Reverb and Ebay. It is safer these days just to go to an authorized dealer, or buy from one of the people on this forum.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I am 99 percent sure it's genuine, from the date code and font on the back, the circuit and the rubber thingy which are standard for rails.

Comment

It might be genuine, I am with Artie in that there isn't a clear pic of the logo. But with all the fakes we've seen, it makes me distrust most things that have even a little bit of doubt. I don't know how much you are saving from a brand new one.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Looks genuine to me. The PCB is identical to my 2018 production one, and all aspects appear to match.

Comment

Working...
              X