Anyone have any details on this JB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any details on this JB?

Hello all. Got a Jazz/JB combo in a Burny LPC I picked up a few weeks back. Buyer couldn't tell me anything beyond 'they're Duncans' but the JB has the following label underneath:

Not metered it up but it's a two wire. Sounds great with gain but a bit high output for me so probably not a keeper. Any details would be appreciated anyway.

Thanks.

I'd probably ask Duncan direcly.

Comment

antiquity jb maybe? covered? whats the neck say?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        antiquity jb maybe? covered? whats the neck say?
        Stock SH-2 label and covered.

Messaged the SD insta but not had any reply yet so thought I'd poke the hornet's nest here before asking again.

Comment

if it wasnt covered id have ya look at the magnet but since it is, its not worth taking it off to check out. curious what you hear back from them.

Comment

Cool Burny, what year?
            Originally posted by dominus
            Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Looks to be one the best possible JBs there are. Either Antiquity or Concept Set with Antiquity label. If it's Antiquity, it's rough A5. If it's Concept Set, it's A2.

Comment

The thing that would concern me is that "prototype" is one word. I would assume that the Custom Shop can spell.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                  The thing that would concern me is that "prototype" is one word. I would assume that the Custom Shop can spell.
                  Prototype is one word, we build spell them and build them all the time, so yes, that is weird.

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

The other sticker on the pickup that seems to be scratched out with a pen is weird though, at least to me, but I don't have any experience with the custom shop.

*EDIT* Definitely looks like Seymour's sig based on the other posts, looks like a cool find whatever it is.
                  Last edited by devastone; 05-04-2021, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
                      Cool Burny, what year?
                      No serial number imprint which means post '81, but from the aging I'm thinking early 80s. Good aging though! No neck breaks or real damage but had a refret and new nut at some point so I'm not being precious about keeping it original. Pickups sound good, I'm just a low output kind of guy I think.

Comment

I'll put it "on the list". Bwahahahah

But interesting. The Concept set was an A2? Just a mag swap or something else?

Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Thank you! I've gone through the various JB articles on that poster's website and I gather it's an A2 version of the JB, possibly a limited edition model, or if it's custom shop then available as the TeleGib pickup. That's interesting - no idea where the previous owner would have got those as it's been in the UK for a good while and he didn't seem into pickups enough to be making custom orders. Will likely stay a mystery but fascinating read either way.

Comment

concept set was a2 bridge, a5 neck. the antiquity sticker is what makes me a little unsure of which it is.

Comment

Not sure the sticker is actually scratched out - I think that's Seymour's signature.

It is kinda odd that prototype is separated into two words though.

Personally I love JBs for their lead tone.But I've never been able to get them to clean up well enough to suit me.
                              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
                              X