X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masta' C
    replied
    Originally posted by justFred View Post
    Is there a way to report this fraud that is effective?
    No, and that's why buying any of the popular models (JB, Jazz, 59, etc) from unauthorized dealers is so risky now!

The counterfeiters have them completely copied, right down to the retail packaging!

Leave a comment:

• justFred
    replied
    Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
    Sure. Just write a letter to 'the party' explaining how those products are secretly giving out messages to overthrow 'the party'. They'll take care of it real quick.
    LOL

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    Sure. Just write a letter to 'the party' explaining how those products are secretly giving out messages to overthrow 'the party'. They'll take care of it real quick.

Leave a comment:

• justFred
    replied
    Is there a way to report this fraud that is effective?

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied
    Who was the actual seller?

Looks legitimate, but I would make sure to only buy from Authorized Dealers.

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    Welcome to the forum.

Looks like a new production Jazz Neck, made February 23, 2023, to me.

Leave a comment:

• lean
    replied
    Ciao!
    I’ve been lurking for a while, and this is my first post. I found the discussions about fake replicas of one of the world's most famous brands, like Seymour Duncan, very interesting. I bought a Jazz and a JB from Amazon, and now I have a thousand worries (although Amazon is unlikely to risk selling counterfeit products...). Do you think I can relax? (Pics are about the Jazz)

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied
    Originally posted by raspgalax View Post
    Thank you for all the info, so I paired them up right yay! The 90s one is the one that I was going to sell as long as it's real. I hope that the really short cable doesn't hurt its chances of finding a new home, I guess it can be spliced.
    Someone will buy it

Lots of Strat guys cut their leads short like this. And, as you said, it can always be spliced/lengthened, if needed.

Leave a comment:

• raspgalax
    replied
    Thank you for all the info, so I paired them up right yay! The 90s one is the one that I was going to sell as long as it's real. I hope that the really short cable doesn't hurt its chances of finding a new home, I guess it can be spliced.

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied
    The one with "CC" is a mid-'90s production and not fake. That's a transitional label between the older ink-stamped labels and the newer style of printed labels. It goes in the more plain package that says "for the bridge position".

The one with the more detailed label that says "SH-11" on it goes in the newer package that says "Pro Shop" on the front.

The shorter cable was cut to that length by whomever installed the pickup. It would have come with about 11" or so of leads originally.

Leave a comment:

• raspgalax
    replied
    These are actually mine already but I've recently removed them from my guitar and they were second hand when I bought them. My questions are: which goes in which box? They have totally different designs so maybe one is much newer than the other. And is the one with the short cable fake as it only has CC written on the sticker? The other one has a 30cm cable and the short one has a 10cm cable, is that because the short one is for bridge, closer to the electrics, or was it cut? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    Welcome to the forum

Looks like a clear sticker to me and the date code doesn't match the pickup. Looks like it might be a reseller inventory sticker applied to a legit Duncan.

Leave a comment:

• cebarbosa
    replied
    Hi all, I just bought this SH-4 on FB Marketplace and would like to hear some opinions if it looks like counterfeit.

it is the first time I see a serial number laser marked on the back.

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied
    Originally posted by CarlosG View Post
    Hi! Are they original hot rod set? I have never seen "made in USA" on backplate.
    Yeah, you're good. I suspect that TB-4 is slightly older than the '59 in that particular set, but it's legitimate either way. SD didn't change the TB baseplates to say "America" until the mid-2000s as I recall. The standard (SH) baseplates were updated significantly earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied
    Originally posted by Edika View Post
    Hi all, new member here and first post. I was trying to find information about a pair of pickups I bought of the ebay. They are used and they seem legit but some info on a search I did really made me question their authenticity. It's a TB4 and a 59 neck from 2021. Measurements are accurate with the TB4 measuring at 17.7 kOhm and the 59 at 7.4 kOhm. You can see some photos below to help me figure out if they're real or not. They seem to be but still, seems like fakes have gotten really good. Some are with flash and some with just light. I'd appreciate any input you might have.
    They look legitimate as far as I can tell, but it is a bit odd how the printed logo is wearing off like that on the neck pickup (SH-1n). That's also the earliest example (Dec 2021) I've seen with no "Made in America" stamp, but that doesn't mean it's not authentic. Supply chain issues were occurring at the same time SD was making the baseplate change, so who knows...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X