X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks good to me!

Comment

• Awesome! Cheers guys, many thanks for your help! My Slash-style Singlecut is complete!

On a sidenote: "J" stands for Juarez. You guys know what "G" stands for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anficht View Post
        Awesome! Cheers guys, many thanks for your help! My Slash-style Singlecut is complete!

On a sidenote: "J" stands for Juarez. You guys know what "G" stands for?
        Gloria Ocompo

Identifying Label Codes for pickups built before 2002 We often get this question. There are one or two distinguishing characteristics for our pickups, along with an identifying label underneath. Check out the list below and see if any of these match the description of your pickup. Note that the last letter on your label is...

I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

• I bought this on eBay 20+ years ago. Someone said it looked like an SSL-2, not an APS. Can anyone help me identify it? I'll grab my meter from my dad's over the weekend and see if that sheds any light on it.
          ​​​​​​Thanks guys!
          Last edited by piblock; 01-29-2022, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• older pups like that, its hard to tell by the looks and the dcr is kinda close. they sound different but both are great.

Comment

• Are these authentic SSL-1's?
              They have no markings or stickers on them and the bridge pickup has no bevel on the pole pieces while the other two do.
              The seller said that that one might be a Dimarzio Fs-1 but those usually don't have cloth wires I think.
              They're supposedly all from the 80's

Comment

• Last year I bought a pair of humbuckers second hand, a set of TB4 and SH2N. But I sold the guitar before I installed them so I have never had a chance to try them out. Yesterday I took a closer look at the pickups and checked the resistance and now Iīm pretty certain that these are fakes.

The SH2 has a DC resistance of 14,5 kohm, from what I have learned it should be 7,5kohm.
                The TB4 has a resistance of somewhere around 13,5 kohm and the color of the wires are mixed up, Right now I donīt remember in what way they mismatched (In mild irritation I wrapped them up in plastic, put them in the box and stoved them away on the top shelf). But it sure wasnīt standard Seymour Duncan wiring colors.

So, now I just want to you guys to confirm that these pickups are not genuine Seymour Duncan pickups.
                Last edited by Dr Galta; 02-17-2022, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Galta View Post
                  Last year I bought a pair of humbuckers second hand, a set of TB4 and SH2N. But I sold the guitar before I installed them so I have never had a chance to try them out. Yesterday I took a closer look at the pickups and checked the resistance and now Iīm pretty certain that these are fakes.

The SH2 has a DC resistance of 14,5 kohm, from what I have learned it should be 7,5kohm.
                  The TB4 has a resistance of somewhere around 13,5 kohm and the color of the wires are mixed up, Right now I donīt remember in what way they mismatched (In mild irritation I wrapped them up in plastic, put them in the box and stoved them away on the top shelf). But it sure wasnīt standard Seymour Duncan wiring colors.

So, now I just want to you guys to confirm that these pickups are not genuine Seymour Duncan pickups.

Yep, blatant fakes, I'm sorry to say.

Those are the most prevalent version on the market right now, also. Thank you for posting reasonably clear pictures for others to see.

To the average person and even some SD fans, they look legitimate, but they are not authentic.

Comment

• Yeah, that font's not right....
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Hi everybody!
                      What model is it?
                      It's original?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8T utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

• That looks like a 59 neck model.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          That looks like a 59 neck model.
                          Ah ok, thanks!
                          Is it original?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8T utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Galta View Post
                            Last year I bought a pair of humbuckers second hand, a set of TB4 and SH2N. But I sold the guitar before I installed them so I have never had a chance to try them out. Yesterday I took a closer look at the pickups and checked the resistance and now Iīm pretty certain that these are fakes.

Those are some legit looking fakes...wow. I could have been fooled ‍♂️

I tend to only buy used pups that have multimeter readings which means fewer to buy but hopefully less likely to be dooped.

Seems like a lot of work for a few bucks? You know those pups have to be terrible and short cutted to make the counterfeiting profitable

Comment

• Originally posted by krovatron View Post
                              Seems like a lot of work for a few bucks? You know those pups have to be terrible and short cutted to make the counterfeiting profitable
                              Counterfeiters in China produce these pickups for literally a couple dollars each and then sell them for $40-$80 a set, which is a HUGE profit for them: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000788423600.html

Idiots and dishonest a-holes in other countries buy them cheap and resell them for $80-$100/set on sites like eBay and Reverb or end up figuring out they're fake, buy a real set from a dealer, and re-pack the counterfeits in the box to take advantage of generous online return policies.

In the end, there's a lot of money to be made and very few people are aware that this degree of counterfeiting is happening, even on this forum, and even with threads like this pinned front and center!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masta' C View Post

Counterfeiters in China produce these pickups for literally a couple dollars each and then sell them for $40-$80 a set, which is a HUGE profit for them: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000788423600.html

Idiots and dishonest a-holes in other countries buy them cheap and resell them for $80-$100/set on sites like eBay and Reverb or end up figuring out they're fake, buy a real set from a dealer, and re-pack the counterfeits in the box to take advantage of generous online return policies.

In the end, there's a lot of money to be made and very few people are aware that this degree of counterfeiting is happening, even on this forum, and even with threads like this pinned front and center!
                                Wow... I guess they probably can craft them cheaply with pot metal...there is so much counterfeiting that I imagine it is quite an industry. Thanks for the diligence folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X