X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, looks like OEM most likely, but certainly legitimate on that one

Comment

• Hello, first time posting here (after a 2 months long fight with the registration system), I would like to ask if this pickup is real or not.
      I ordered it from this seller: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...002807706341.6 but not from aliexpress, I ordered through our local shopping site (same seller I believe)
      Thank you in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220627_094801.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	6181632

Name:	20220627_094831.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	6181633

Name:	20220627_094908.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	6181634

Name:	20220627_094922.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	6181635

Comment

• theres nothing glaring about that pup that seems off. its 4 cond with logo which isnt the norm for a 59 but they can be ordered that way

Comment

• I'm going to be honest...if that is the seller you purchased from, then there's a 95% chance your pickup is counterfeit, maybe higher.

Are those actual pictures you took of the product you received or are those the seller's listing photos?

What scares me is that this is the most accurate potential counterfeit I've ever come across. I want to believe it's real, but seeing that the seller's entire inventory consists of counterfeit pickups and knowing you probably paid 50% of what that pickup would normally sell for new, I have to lean toward being counterfeit.

You guys, if true, this is next level forgery!

I can't even begin to explain how important it is to PURCHASE YOUR SEYMOUR DUNCAN PICKUPS FROM AUTHORIZED DEALERS!!!

Comment

• SSL-1 Set for less than $30...get 'em while you can!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
              Are those actual pictures you took of the product you received or are those the seller's listing photos?
              Those are the actual pics I took from the product I received.
              I already know that there's a high chance that it might be a fake one... but I wanted to try out how bad could it be. Thanks for the comment.

Comment

• if its a fake, it could be good, could be bad, but it wont be a 59

Comment

• Originally posted by proggg View Post

Those are the actual pics I took from the product I received.
                  I already know that there's a high chance that it might be a fake one... but I wanted to try out how bad could it be. Thanks for the comment.
                  If you have access to a multimeter it would be great if you could measure DCR

Comment

• Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                    I'm going to be honest...if that is the seller you purchased from, then there's a 95% chance your pickup is counterfeit, maybe higher.

What scares me is that this is the most accurate potential counterfeit I've ever come across. I want to believe it's real, but seeing that the seller's entire inventory consists of counterfeit pickups and knowing you probably paid 50% of what that pickup would normally sell for new, I have to lean toward being counterfeit.

You guys, if true, this is next level forgery!

I can't even begin to explain how important it is to PURCHASE YOUR SEYMOUR DUNCAN PICKUPS FROM AUTHORIZED DEALERS!!!
                    I’m honestly tempted to buy one and do a side by side with a genuine one to understand what gap there is in terms of authenticity to be able to check here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blille View Post

I’m honestly tempted to buy one and do a side by side with a genuine one to understand what gap there is in terms of authenticity to be able to check here.
                      I am sure there isn't just one place making fakes. Best not to give questionable retailers your money.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Originally posted by Mincer View Post

I am sure there isn't just one place making fakes. Best not to give questionable retailers your money.
                        I hear you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blille View Post

I've thought about doing the same thing, but the reality is that, even if they were nearly identical somehow, I'd rather support the real Seymour Duncan if given the choice!

Still, I think there might be value in getting my hands on one of these to inspect more closely. Maybe I can uncover a more reliable way to tell them apart from the real thing.

Comment

• Maybe someone here with a definite fake can send you one for testing.

Comment

• I’ve seen some pickup trying to evocate the Seymour Duncan ones, like “Duncan Design” and recently “Duncan Solar”. Do they have anything to do with Seymour Duncan?
                              Thanks a lot in advance for an “official” reply ☺️
                              Last edited by egicar; 07-03-2022, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by egicar View Post
                                I’ve seen some pickup trying to evocate the Seymour Duncan ones, like “Duncan Design” and recently “Duncan Solar”. Do they have anything to do with Seymour Duncan?
                                Thanks a lot in advance for an “official” reply ☺️
                                Yes, official Duncan Designed and Duncan Solar pickups are indeed designed at SD, but made outside the US. Official pickups branded Seymour Duncan are made in California, USA.

Comment

Working...
                                X