• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

The comments were pretty honest:

"Are they original Seymour duncan pickups???"

"Not original, but very not bad!"
    I didn't even notice the comments. That's funny.

Comment

• Hello All, Hoping someone can help me out with this. I’m restoring my Ibanez RG421 that was damaged in a house fire. Found a set of SH1/SH4 on eBay for $120 and being on a budget due to the fire I bought them. Didn’t realize they were coming from China until after the purchase was completed. They arrived yesterday and I’m having some doubts as to their authenticity. If anyone could tell from the pics attached I’d appreciate it, thank you.

Comment

• Is it just the camera angle? The screw bobbin looks noticeably longer than the stud bobbin.

Comment

• The current gen of counterfeits are incredibly hard to tell apart from the real thing. Well, visually at least...

Do you have any other pickups you can compare the mounting screws to?

Many times on these counterfeits, the mounting screws will be slightly thicker and, thus, the mounting holes will be slightly larger than a standard SD.

If you have a multimeter, I would also suggest checking to make sure the resistance values match stated specs.

The other 2 things that catch my attention here (besides coming from China) are:

1) The appearance of the top logo
          2) The lack of machine markings on the bottom of the mounting tabs

I have a couple humbuckers in front of me that are dated 2019 and they all have SD's signature double-line tooling mark from the way the mounting tabs are bent/machined:

Comment

• Hello, is this Seymour Duncan AHB-1B Real?Click image for larger version

Name:	glc8l9wtorl62k1atq9j.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	6204622
            Attached Files

Comment

• please help

Comment

• Looks legit to me. Someone else will confirm additionally, I'm sure.
                The biggest difference between Chet Atkins and Dimebag? Probably the beard...

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeMumladze View Post
                  Hello, is this Seymour Duncan AHB-1B Real?
                  Yup! Nothing out of the ordinary with that one. Should be good to go

Comment

• Anyone able to confirm the legitimacy of these two Antiquity Texas Hot pickups?

They look correct to me but I´m not too familiar with that particular model (and singles in general) so I could easily be wrong.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4073685.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	6207581 Click image for larger version

Name:	4073684.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	6207582

Comment

• Those look legit to me, just like mine I bought in '94. The only thing conspicuous is the signatures are in different ink between the tags and the labels, but the sigs look right to me anyway and the serials match.

Comment

• Great, thanks again for the benefit of your experience and advice beau

Comment

• I am about to buy this Pearly Gates set from a private seller here in Canada. But, the fact that the set is not signed by a winder makes me feel worried. Is this legit?

Comment

• That's surprising, though it looks like MJ's handwriting, and the serials match. If you're worried I'd send the pics to the custom shop and confirm if they recognize the serial number and could explain why it wasn't signed.

Comment

• Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                              That's surprising, though it looks like MJ's handwriting, and the serials match. If you're worried I'd send the pics to the custom shop and confirm if they recognize the serial number and could explain why it wasn't signed.
                              Agree on the handwriting. It feels that would be just as hard to fake as the signature.

Comment

Working...
                              X