Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for posting clear pics here, though. It helps us keep track of the fakes out there, and will help others if they are researching what they have or are going to buy.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• More Chinese fakes. Please report the seller to fleabay! https://www.ebay.com/itm/313572946264

“The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.” - Edward Van Halen

Comment

• What? You can't buy a brand new set of genuine SD single coils for $50? :P

Reported...thanks!

Comment

• Hey Everyone, This is my first post.
          I wanted to get some info about these pickups. I like '83 Strats and these were in one I recently picked as a new project. I assume they are pretty old, most likely from the '80s.
          I know the bucker is a Pearly Gates, but I know nothing about the others. I was looking to get a value as well as any info as they are most likely for sale unless you guys convince me I should hold onto them. Thanks

One other question, In the not too distant future, I am planning to build a dual humbucker Warmoth VIP (PRS style body), with the "Wood Mount pickups."
          Would this Pearly Gates work in that body? It was mounted to a strat pickguard when I bought it.
          Last edited by Motherfuzzer; 03-21-2023, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• the stack with rod pole pieces is most likely an old classic stack. the stack with the bar is an old hot stack, and as you said the other is a pgb. you could mount the pgb direct if you use the right screws

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              the stack with rod pole pieces is most likely an old classic stack. the stack with the bar is an old hot stack, and as you said the other is a pgb. you could mount the pgb direct if you use the right screws
              Thanks Jeremy

Comment

• Hi. What do you think of it? I'm confused by the font on the sticker

Comment

• Welcome to the forum.

Looks right to me. My 2012 / earlier pickups have that typewriter Courier font. My 2016 / later pickups have more of a Times Roman font. I don't know what year they changed it. Everything else looks legit also. The baseplate, screws and solder on the cover are just like my gold SH-14.

Comment

• Good to go!

Comment

• Hi. What do you think of it?

Comment

• Looks real, but used, to me (someone extended the lead). What about it makes you suspect it's a fake?

Comment

• Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                          Looks real, but used, to me (someone extended the lead).
                          It doesn't look extended to me, just someone used heat-shrink on the end when they installed it. Definitely "used." (Or is that pre-owned?")

Comment

• This product is a professional and practical Humbucker pickup set, very suitable for the bridge and neck position, compatible with. If the thread hole of the guitar body is smaller than 14.5mm, it needs to be enlarged to pass through.

Comment

• Obviously, at that price, we have to use our judgement and realize they probably are not real. This goes for any listing online. If it is way below market value, stay away.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• I was told this was a SD AL2 PAF neck pickup. No markings other than “N” front or back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2063.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	6237783 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2060.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	6237784

Comment

• hamerfan
                                  hamerfan commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Yep, bad news: No Duncan in the neck
                                  Good news: The single coil is a USA Fender American Standard Alnico V middle pickup

• skydog
                                  skydog commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Originally posted by hamerfan View Post
                                  Yep, bad news: No Duncan in the neck
                                  Good news: The single coil is a USA Fender American Standard Alnico V middle pickup
                                  Yes, it was the stock pickup from factory in what was originally a SSS guitar. The bridge, which was supposed to be a SH-11 was actually a SH-5, which is ceramic, not A2 as I was told.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2062.jpg Views:	9 Size:	48.2 KB ID:	6237894

• jeremy
                                  jeremy commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  the sh5 and sh11 are the same coils with different magnets, so you could put an alnico 2 bar into your sh5 custom and make it an sh11 custom custom.
                              Working...
                              X