X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasP View Post
    Is it normal if I can remove the plastic pickup cover on my duckbucker single coil sized humbucker? I have to use a piece of tape to hold the pickup inside the plastic pickup cover
    Generally, they are glued on. If you post pics of the pickup, we might be able to determine if it is legit.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasP
    replied
    Is it normal if I can remove the plastic pickup cover on my duckbucker single coil sized humbucker? I have to use a piece of tape to hold the pickup inside the plastic pickup cover

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    Originally posted by Tynr1975 View Post
    Makes no sense.
    If I buy a SD Jazz from my music store and they ordered it from SD it’s just as OEM as the one I would order directly from SD. I don’t think they sprinkle magic pixie dust on the one ordered directly from them. We’re talking about a production 59 model.
    OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer
    You don't seem to know what OEM indicates. OEM are used in manufactured goods, like an assembled guitar, not sold individually in stores. The person said it was "second-hand", which to me indicates it was either pulled from a guitar or could have been stock intended to be used in manufacturing a particular guitar model, which makes it a candidate to being an OEM model, not one you buy off store shelves. OEM 59s, for example, for Charvel, most have the logo that I've seen.
    Last edited by beaubrummels; 03-22-2024, 09:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ToneFiddler
    replied
    Originally posted by hank75 View Post

Had a chance to look and it’s cooper, possibly a slight tinge of red, like the JB one I ordered from Seymour Duncan.
    Should be dark purple!

Leave a comment:

• hank75
    replied
    Originally posted by ToneFiddler View Post
    Can you spot the wire color trough the hole?
    Had a chance to look and it’s cooper, possibly a slight tinge of red, like the JB one I ordered from Seymour Duncan.

Leave a comment:

• Tynr1975
    replied
    Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

That's why I said OEM. OEM is not in store.
    Makes no sense.
    If I buy a SD Jazz from my music store and they ordered it from SD it’s just as OEM as the one I would order directly from SD. I don’t think they sprinkle magic pixie dust on the one ordered directly from them. We’re talking about a production 59 model.
    OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    Originally posted by Tynr1975 View Post
    The ones I’ve seen in stores don’t have it. If you build one on the SD website, it starts with the logo in the picture, but once you select 1C or 4C the logo disappears from the picture.
    Looks like a a Dec/2019 build date.Maybe they did a run in 2019?
    That's why I said OEM. OEM is not in store.

Leave a comment:

• ToneFiddler
    replied
    Originally posted by hank75 View Post
    Pick up a set of humbuckers, a neck 59 4 conductor and a JB model. They were second hand but supposed to be brand new. Everything looks brand new and legit.
    The thing I'm wondering is that everywhere I look, the 59 never came from the production line with the "Seymour Duncan" white logo on the front.
    Everything looks good and I measured 3.7k on each coil for a total of 7.4k, which is what SD spec is on that one. Click image for larger version

Name:	Seymour 59 #1.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	6274453 Click image for larger version

Name:	Seymour 59 #2.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	6274454 ​​​​​​​
    Had another look!
    i think those are fakes:
    the self cutting screws look wrong, especially for a recent one!
    also the slut of the screws I too thin. Also the screws don’t have the small flat top.
    the hole where you can spot the wiring is in the middle between edge and polepieces, where as on my it’s pretty close to the pole piece!
    the tooling marks for bending the legs is also not the typical mark

Leave a comment:

• ToneFiddler
    replied
    Can you spot the wire color trough the hole?

Leave a comment:

• Tynr1975
    replied
    Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
    I thought all OEM sets for particular model guitars have the white logo on the 59n
    The ones I’ve seen in stores don’t have it. If you build one on the SD website, it starts with the logo in the picture, but once you select 1C or 4C the logo disappears from the picture.
    Looks like a a Dec/2019 build date.Maybe they did a run in 2019?

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    I thought all OEM sets for particular model guitars have the white logo on the 59n

Leave a comment:

• Hsb
    replied
    The 59n I have from 2013 has white lettering on it.

Leave a comment:

• hank75
    replied
    Pick up a set of humbuckers, a neck 59 4 conductor and a JB model. They were second hand but supposed to be brand new. Everything looks brand new and legit.
    The thing I'm wondering is that everywhere I look, the 59 never came from the production line with the "Seymour Duncan" white logo on the front.
    Everything looks good and I measured 3.7k on each coil for a total of 7.4k, which is what SD spec is on that one. Click image for larger version

Name:	Seymour 59 #1.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	6274453 Click image for larger version

Name:	Seymour 59 #2.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	6274454 ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• ThomasP
    replied
    I think I bought the duckbucker single coil sized humbucker for strat on ebay but I learned in another thread that the white pickup cover can't be removed.
    I can remove the white plastic pickup cover on mine, revealing a greenish housing.
    I dont have a picture of my duckbucker pickup but may I see a picture of a real duckbucker without the white pickup cover to see if it is similar to mine?

Or is there a better way to know if it's a real one? Should I test the output with a multimeter to see if the resistance is 2.5k ?

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Yeah, I wouldn't trust most stuff online unless from an authorized dealer. This is why this thread exists.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X