MINCER &/or Anyone For Wiring Help,,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MINCER &/or Anyone For Wiring Help,,,

Hi all,, Referring to an earlier post where JEREMY led me to this: https://www.seymourduncan.com/images...H_1V_mtSSP.jpg
    ,,I need to see on paper how I would wire that new on/on/on toggle used in the above schem,, and add my existing Vol/PP pot to switch between coils when in the 'single mode' in the 3-way,,,, Also what would a tone circuit look like if I chose to add it?
    Kindly help out with this build, & thnx in advance!!
    Kenny

You can't do this with that switch. It's internal mechanics prevent it. What you do instead, is replace that switch with a push-pull that selects series/parallel. Then, you add an on-off-on DPDT to give you split-to-coil/series/split to stud when the push-pull is in the series mode. It's late. I'll draw it up tomorrow.

Comment

why cant you run the push/pull as a phase switch then the on/on/on as series/split/parallel? i had a guitar wired up that way and still have one with a phase switch and series/split

Comment

Thanks to ArtieToo, & yes Jeremy, I was thinking more along your lines,, me already having a push/pull that can wired to select either coil (when the switch is let's say in the middle), & the on off on switch do the heavy hauling,,,, I've learned a **** load a' guitar & pickguard building over the last year & a half, but give me anything more involved than a Blender pot, & a 5-way to diagnose, like a PP and/or a dip, I'm a dead man walking (crying!)
        Just for the heck of it, I'll send out a picture, but there ain't much to see,,, just an SH4 JB HB hooked up to a single PP & volume pot..... THANKS GUYS for sticking around to guide me thru 'this' stuff~ I love the learning probably more than you like explaining or revisiting it,,,

Comment

So, my suss is that this schem is my starting place, I I'd like see how & where to inject the PP to select coils when in the middle pos. of the 3 way tog... Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210505-181536_Gallery.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	6078406

Comment

again, i cant draw a diagram, just dont have the means. but you want and on/on/on switch

Comment

Originally posted by zozoe View Post
              I'd like see how & where to inject the PP to select coils when in the middle pos. of the 3 way tog...
              That's the thing. You can't select coils with that switch. When its in the middle, your hard wired red/white to ground.

Comment

If you want to add a tone, and have all the options, and use push pulls, I would do something like this (just omit the 3-way toggle and one of the pickups from the drawing and only use one side of each push pull):

https://www.seymourduncan.com/images...PL_1TppSPL.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

That's the thing. You can't select coils with that switch. When its in the middle, your hard wired red/white to ground.
                  phase switch before the series/split/parallel is how i did it, i just dont have the ability to draw a diagram

Comment

Jeremy,, can you kindly capture a few close-ups for me? As long as they're well focused shots, I can blow them up, & figure it out. Or can anyone do a mock-up of what Jeremy's describing for me: One H'bucker, PP phase switch to choose the coil for the 'split' position on the 3-way, correct? And the Tone circuit, if you're using one.... but that's an afterthought.
                    If you or anyone would prefer to PM me, [email protected]
                    A million thanks to all of you,,, I'm not there yet, but getting real close!!
                    Kenny
                    Last edited by zozoe; 05-06-2021, 03:07 PM.

Comment

HERE'S the right schematic & I'd like for someone to pencil in where I could insert my Push/Pull & Volume pot, instead of the Volume pictured, so I can select the North or South coil when the on/on/on is in the middle (single) position? I would assume there has to be someone who could give me proper direction with this for my SH4 project..? Thnx!!
                      Thnx again!! Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210507-003834_Chrome.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	6078684

Comment

I can get it as soon as I get some coffee in me.

Comment

Caffeine up, my friend!! Just to be clear,, I presently have a SH4 HB connected to a simple Volume with a push/pull to take me from full HB mode, & to only the N coil... What I want is exactly what that schematic shows, a SERIES/SINGLE/PARALLEL 3-way switch, BUT to add & use my existing push/pull pot somewhere in the circuit to choose either the North or South coil when i'm in the middle single coil position of that 3-way... My request often gets twisted and/or misinterpreted,, so...
                          Please be as descriptive as you can, post-caffeine, that is,,, & after caffeine, we have drinks!!
                          Cheers & thanks!!
                          kenny
                          Last edited by zozoe; 05-07-2021, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Any time or luck ARTIE & JEREMY??
                            Thnx, Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by zozoe View Post
                              HERE'S the right schematic & I'd like for someone to pencil in where I could insert my Push/Pull & Volume pot, instead of the Volume pictured, so I can select the North or South coil when the on/on/on is in the middle (single) position? I would assume there has to be someone who could give me proper direction with this for my SH4 project..? Thnx!!
                              Thnx again!! Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210507-003834_Chrome.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	6078684
                              This is a diagram for a push-pull to do the phase flip that Jeremy recommended.

You run the green and black wires from your pickup into the center lugs of the push pull section of the attached diagram as shown here. The black wire coming off the lower left lug of the push-pull in this diagram gets connected to where the black wire is connected in the diagram you posted. The wire coming off the lower right lug of the push-pull in attached diagram gets routed to where the green wire is attached in the diagram you posted. The Red and White wires of the pickupup are not used by this phase flip push-pull. They get routed to the lugs of the diagram you posted. Simple as that.

Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Working...
                              X