Single coil sized humbucker similar to Gibson 490R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single coil sized humbucker similar to Gibson 490R

Hello there, I’m looking for a single-coil sized humbucker pick up that is most similar in output and tone to the Gibson 490R.. I came across an HSS configured guitar that I don’t want to route. Any suggestions would help thank you.

No similar output and tone, butr the closer you'll get wittl be either with a Little '59 or a Hot Rails, at least when it comes to output.

The Hot Rails may by too mid-heavy for your tastes. The Little 59 has less mids and output than the Hot Rails, more of a vintage tone, but different from what a true humbucker is tone wise.
    Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

id say lil 59 is closer than a hotrails for sure

Comment

I'd actually pick the Cool Rails which has a similar EQ. In my Gibson, the 490 was pretty bright, without a ton of mids.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

hm i say the 490R is more like an APH-1n than a jazz, so i also say lil59

Comment

Working...
          X