banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody tried splitting the Parallel Axis Stack? (contemplating autosplit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody tried splitting the Parallel Axis Stack? (contemplating autosplit)

I have a PA-STK in middle position (between a PATB-1n and a PATB-3).
    Am rewiring the guitar to autosplit in positions 2 & 4.

Am wondering if I ought to split the middle to balance with split coils from the neck or bridge.
    I don't want the middle overpowering them - it's singlecoily sounding but also fairly muscular.

Has anybody here used this pickup in an autosplit configuration?

If you left it full strength, did it play nice with the splits?
    And if you autosplit it, did you use a Superswitch or is there an easier way?

Has anyone tried it split by itself? How did it sound?

I'd appreciate any advice & info - especially from PA-STK users, but helpful advice from anybody would be welcome.
    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

I don't have a PA Stack, but if it wasn't split, it wouldn't be hum-cancelling, since there would be 3 coils in play (2 from the PA and 1 from the split humbucker). Just have to be careful to split to the top coil.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      I don't have a PA Stack, but if it wasn't split, it wouldn't be hum-cancelling, since there would be 3 coils in play (2 from the PA and 1 from the split humbucker). Just have to be careful to split to the top coil.
      Yah, thanks.I figured I could get hum cancelling with the right coil choices.
      Curious about levels though.
      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

It will get much louder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
          It will get much louder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          It will be louder when split?

Comment

Working...
          X