• Show
Clear All

• [wiring diagram] 2 triple shot and a 4 ways switch

Hi.

I need your help to wiring my guitar with :

2 p-rail & 2 triple shots
    1 volume (no push pull)
    1 tone (no push pull)
    4 way toggle (neck, series, parallel, bridge)

I don't know if it is possible...

Best regards.

Just combine the Tele 4-way blade drawing with the drawing for Triple Shots.

Comment

right. wire up the triple shots as normal, then use the two wires coming off each of them to wire the 4 way

Comment

What will happen when the two pickups in series are then put in series? Is it like an onboard Muff?

Comment

itll be very dark

Comment

I have that in my RG2
            with a JB/Jazz set and it is a bit thick
            one big pickup
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Thanks very much for your timely reply.

https://www.seymourduncan.com/images...S_4B_1V_1T.jpg

I will use this diagram.
              Last edited by chatlut; 05-19-2021, 11:08 PM.

Comment

In your original post you specified the order of switch positions to be...neck, series, parallel, bridge. Just be aware that the Oak Grigsby 4 way will give you bridge, parallel, neck, series, but it will certainly give you the combinations you want. I've got that very combination in several guitars and it works great. But, as was said, in position 4 (series) especially if you have your P-Rails in series, the tone is going to be extremely dark and generally unusable. Just a single P-Rail in series is almost too dark to be useful.
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                  In your original post you specified the order of switch positions to be...neck, series, parallel, bridge. Just be aware that the Oak Grigsby 4 way will give you bridge, parallel, neck, series, but it will certainly give you the combinations you want. I've got that very combination in several guitars and it works great. But, as was said, in position 4 (series) especially if you have your P-Rails in series, the tone is going to be extremely dark and generally unusable. Just a single P-Rail in series is almost too dark to be useful.
                  So I'm going to wire to get : neck, parallel, bridge and mute.

Comment

If you add a push pull for phase, series might become useful in conjunction with that.

Comment

Working...
                    X