No announcement yet.

Double cream trademark latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, has there been any discussion as to which PA variety would be made or are they all game?
    I’m thinking once you have the bobbins made, the actual wind can be done according to whatever someone would want?

Comment

Good point. I'd want the Blues Saraceno and neck version.

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
        I'm certainly interested. Are we talking price breaks for multiple units for each member?
        We're not talking anything about price yet, but we can bring this up when it's time. As I mentioned, formal discussions are a ways off. SD is still in recovery mode. I was just sharing that they are interested in doing something with us and the double cream PA set is a possibility

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
          Also, has there been any discussion as to which PA variety would be made or are they all game?
          I’m thinking once you have the bobbins made, the actual wind can be done according to whatever someone would want?
          No discussion about this yet, but you bring up a good point. We can certainly ask when the time comes.

I will say that the easier we make it for SD, the better chance this has of taking off. That said, it might not be too much of a hassle to have the different versions made up. We'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
            Good point. I'd want the Blues Saraceno and neck version.
            Exactly what I would want!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd want the Blues Saraceno and neck version.
              It's funny . . . the Blues Saraceno version has a bit more bark and bite than the Original. Yet, it's a considerably lower wind. 9.8k PATB-3b vs 15.7k for the PATB-1b. Both are A5 mags.

Comment

Well, "lower wind" is relative, of course...the PATB-1 and 3 don't share the same wire gauge, so it's not an apples-to-apples comparison.

If you think of "9.8K" in terms of a "PAF" style wind, which is essentially what the PATB-3 is, then you can see it's destined to be on the "hotter" side of the spectrum. Still, it's not so hot that it looses clarity or dynamics.

The PATB-3 is definitely one of the coolest SD pickups around. Even if we HAD to stick to a PATB-3 bridge and original neck pairing for this, I'd be down...

Comment

Of course, matching single stscks are on the table too, no?

Comment

The Forum run of Crazy 8's included two different spacings. Trembucker and Standard because I got one of each. We could lobby for two different pups.
                    I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Bass pickups....
                      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Of course, matching single stscks are on the table too, no?
                        We can ask when the time comes, but don't be disappointed if they don't want to recreate the entire PA line as a special run

Comment

Originally posted by oilpit View Post
                          As previously discussed in this thread it's an unfortunate truth the absolute BULL**** that is copyright law has pretty clear precedent in favor of Dimarzio here. I've known about the patent for a long time…
                          It’s not a patent. It’s a trademark. Patents expire. Trademarks don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                            Bass pickups....
                            Even when things lighten up, I don't know how motivated SD would be to create a whole new pickup just for us. I also don't know how many bass players would actually be interested in a cream PA pickup, but I would hazard a guess that it's far fewer than the number of regular guitar players that would want a double cream PA set.

Like I said earlier, I get the feeling from their replies that IF the company chooses to do this for us, the easier we make it on them, the more likely it is to happen.

If someone wants to spearhead another major "forum pickup" effort, go ahead....this really isn't that

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post

We can ask when the time comes, but don't be disappointed if they don't want to recreate the entire PA line as a special run
                              Fair enough. I was just thinking if it was an HSS set, or HH set, I'd throw the cash down for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                                Well, "lower wind" is relative, of course...the PATB-1 and 3 don't share the same wire gauge, so it's not an apples-to-apples comparison.
                                True. For some reason, I tend to forget about wire gauge when thinking about pickup output.

Comment

Working...
                                X