I can't find a neck model for the Screamin Demon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't find a neck model for the Screamin Demon

Does Duncan make a specific neck model for this pickup, or can you just stick the same bridge model in the neck?

And can you put a cover on it or not?

Comment

First off, you can put a cover on the Demon. Might change the sound a bit, and I'll leave that up to your ears.

Since you are not really telling us what you want out of a neck pickup or any other details, I'll take a chance at answering the question.

Try a Jazz Bridge in the neck with a Demon in the bridge.

This combination worked incredibly well in an old Explorer that I previously owned.
      Last edited by Condemned soul; 05-22-2021, 07:01 PM.
      That is not dead which can eternal lie,
      And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

Regular spaced bridge model is usually used
        "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Okay regularly spaced bridge model will work. I'm planning on using a Custom Custom in the bridge.

Comment

I would think that a Custom 5 or C8 might be a better fit with a Demon neck. However, putting a A2 in the Demon should work well with the CC.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Full shred sounds good in the neck with a Demon, as does the Jazz. Sentient would probably work, but definitely a different feel.

Demon could work with a CC, never tried that. Only time I ever had one in the neck, there was an A8 demon in the bridge.

Comment

To answer the initial question, there's no neck version of the Demon.
                But it works very well at the neck when paired with a powerful bridge.
                "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Run dual Screamin Demons. It’s a great neck pickup too. Speaking from experience. One of my HH guitars is exactly that configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                    Run dual Screamin Demons. It’s a great neck pickup too. Speaking from experience. One of my HH guitars is exactly that configuration.
                    How big is the difference between positions? And did you run a TB and an SH or two of the same?
                    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

I've always used a regular-spaced bridge Demon in the neck, too. I don't know if there was ever a specific neck model.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Full Shred is the closest thing to neck output like the Demon. If you put filister screws in one bobbin it would pretty much be a neck Demon. Winds are very similar. Scooped Custom wind thingy.
                        The things that you wanted
                        I bought them for you

Comment

Didn't George just use the Demon in a single H guitar? Probably no consideration about a neck. Just saying.
                          I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                            I'd love to see a pic. Just to see what that looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post

How big is the difference between positions? And did you run a TB and an SH or two of the same?
                              No real difference at all to my ears other than the neck sounding like a neck pickup. Using two TB's. The bridge is wide-spaced so it lines up perfectly in both positions.

Comment

Working...
                              X