Tele + Hot Rails? Lil 59? Red Devil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele + Hot Rails? Lil 59? Red Devil?

So, as I hunt my elusive Tele...I want one that can RAWK, as in a Humbucker in the bridge. But I want to maintain the Tele Aesthetic...so must be a single size.

I was thinking maybe a Hotrail that splits. But what does a Split Hot Rail give me in a Tele.

Then I think a plain old 59 will give me as much "Rawk" as I need from a Humbucker in a Tele, given amps pedals blah blah blah. But what does a split Lil 59 does for Tele Bridgeness?

And then of course, Red Devils...

See where I'm trying to go here? Or is a QP Tele enough and call it done?
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Chopper T. You know, Richie Kotzen and stuff...
    "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

I have had Choppers before....interesting suggestion.

What does a split Chopper do as far as standard bridge Tele tones go?

And no, don't know Richie Kotzen stuff. B grade shred head. Malmsteen/Moore/MacAlpine - go big or go home.

Comment

Little 59 bridge is regular Tele bridge size and splits very well. Got one in one of my Teles. Would like to have one in a couple of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          I have had Choppers before....interesting suggestion.

What does a split Chopper do as far as standard bridge Tele tones go?

And no, don't know Richie Kotzen stuff. B grade shred head. Malmsteen/Moore/MacAlpine - go big or go home.
          Here's a clean demo.

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

I think the Hot Rails is better with Series/Parallel than split. I personally think the Hot Rails is more than just a fire breather, it’s just a really good rock pickup. Dual Hot Rails would be lots of fun, alternatively a Lil 59 and SM-1 would be really cool too.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yeah, a split Hot Rail isn't that great. It works really well in parallel, though.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by TVFV View Post

Here's a clean demo.

OK...old man done been triggered.

First of all - that was lovely. If it was you, nicely played. Cool sound.
                I like that what was played was simple, so one could focus on the sound.
                Thanks for the effort in posting a clip for me.

Now for the rough part - if this is you you may want to turn away...

THIS is exactly the kind of $#!tty demo I EFFING hate!!!!
                This didn't do d!ck to tell me how this pickup sounds in a Tele, let alone split vs series. I say this having EFFING OWNED Choppers in the past!!!

Is he demoing the pickups or his Ambient Orgasmatic Uber Strymon Ethereal bull$#!t Music of the Spheres setting?!?!?!?!

And - good gravy - to compare series to split I need to hear SERIES next to mother &%^$%$ Split!!!!
                Not 2 minutes later of after drone-@$$ mind number shimmer crap verb.

And I am not a fan of the split sound there period. But I have no idea if it is because of the pickup, or the damn shimmer delay modulated masterverbation!!!!

That clip is so useless for pickup consideration I may have to slit my wrists!!!!!!

I can't get that two minutes of my life back.

Comment

OK...old man done been triggered.

First of all - that was lovely. If it was you, nicely played. Cool sound.
                  I like that what was played was simple, so one could focus on the sound.
                  Thanks for the effort in posting a clip for me.

Now for the rough part - if this is you you may want to turn away...

THIS is exactly the kind of $#!tty demo I EFFING hate!!!!
                  This didn't do d!ck to tell me how this pickup sounds in a Tele, let alone split vs series. I say this having EFFING OWNED Choppers in the past!!!

Is he demoing the pickups or his Ambient Orgasmatic Uber Strymon Ethereal bull$#!t Music of the Spheres setting?!?!?!?!

And - good gravy - to compare series to split I need to hear SERIES next to mother &%^$%$ Split!!!!
                  Not 2 minutes later of after drone-@$$ mind number shimmer crap verb.

And I am not a fan of the split sound there period. But I have no idea if it is because of the pickup, or the damn shimmer delay modulated masterverbation!!!!

That clip is so useless for pickup consideration I may have to slit my wrists!!!!!!

I can't get that two minutes of my life back.

Well I'm glad that wasn't me playing then! That is unfortunately that I've seen where the guitar clean and both series and split is demonstrated. Another suggestion is the Fast Track T and use your tone control to deal with any excessive high end. It's close to a traditional sound so there wouldn't be any need to split it.
                  Hopefully this helps you.

Comment

Hot Stack and SM-1 for me. Maybe not rawk enough, but it'll nail early Zeppelin and GN'R rhythm tones.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
                      Hot Stack and SM-1 for me. Maybe not rawk enough, but it'll nail early Zeppelin and GN'R rhythm tones.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
                      That would do....

But again - ANY Hb will do for rocking. What Humbucker split is the "most" Tele Like?

Comment

That would do....

But again - ANY Hb will do for rocking. What Humbucker split is the "most" Tele Like?
                        Have you thought about the BG1400? That’s been on my list to try forever.
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I think the Super DIstortion splits very well. The video starts with both coils then split.

Last edited by Securb; 05-29-2021, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Cool - we all know I love a SuperD. But is that what a Tele sounds like? I do not have much Tele Bridge Experience....

Comment

To come at the problem from a different direction-
                              what about a Tele bridge single coil and a sc-sized humbucker stuffed side-by-side in a telecaster HB bridge, and some switching magic?
                              Or a Tele bridge single coil along side another single coil that you can combine for a decent humbucker sound?
                              This may be tricky with the bases of Tele pickups though, does anyone make Tele-style pickups in ‘normal’ sizes?

EDIT: just remembered that you want classic looks, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X