banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some questions to humbucker and new electronics (switch and pots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuitarOfJustice View Post

Wow thank so much Artie Too! that will help for sure!

So the wire translation is:
    DiMarzio black/white = SD red/white
    DiMarzio red = SD black
    DiMarzio green = SD green?

And what switch type is it? they don't name it on the DiMarzio webside, is this a normal 5-way or a super 5-way switch in this wire diagram?
    Yup. And that's a Superswitch.

5-Position four pole lever switch. Get five great sounds from any pickup combination including S/S/S, H/S/S, H/S/, H/H, H/H/H and more! Create your own custom pickup switching configurations with humbuckers or single coils. Same as Fender 5-way Super Switch. Countless Series, Parallel & Coil Tap Options Fits Strats & Most Guitars with Lever Switches Use with Humbuckers & Single Coils Includes Mounting Screws Made in USA

Comment

Is it possible to do this:

Pos. 1: Bridge Humbucker (standard)
      Pos. 2: Bridge Humbucker (parallel)
      Pos. 3: Both Humbuckers (standard) full
      Pos. 4: Neck Humbucker (parallel)
      Pos. 5: Neck Humbucker (standard)

And then splitting the humbuckers to a single coil, but to a "true"-single coil while disconnecting the other passive singlecoil (not short-circuiting)

Pos. 1/2: Bridge single coil (Humb. split) the one more near to the bridge
      Pos. 3: Both those single coils (series or parallel, what ever makes more sense and is possible)
      Pos. 4/5: Neck single coil (Humb. split) the one more near to the neck

by using two (volume and tone) pull/push-knobs. Like the volume is splitting the bridge HB to a true-singlecoil and the tone the neck.

Is that possible?

Comment

Does anybody know?

Comment

If you don't get an answer here, try posting your own thread.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I don't see how you can get auto-parallel coils vs full humbucker on positions 2 and 4 for both neck and bridge with even a super switch. You have to move 2 wires for each pickup. That would take the whole switch for just the auto-parallel part. I think you are out of lugs to work with. You could do one of the pickups in auto-parallel, but not both. You'd also lose the other pickup split if you do auto-parallel on the first pickup.

You could wire the humbuckers in parallel all the time and then split to single with push pulls. That would be easier.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarOfJustice View Post
              Does anybody know?
              I'll chew on it. I move slow these days.

Comment

Working...
              X