• Show
Clear All

• Strat: help me to choose a set

Im undecided between these following sets:
    1. yjm fury set
    2. Stk-s6b - stk-s4m - stk-s4n
    style: from heavey blues to hard rock & neoclassical metal

thanks
    Last edited by TheWarrior; 06-01-2021, 12:47 PM.

both can be great depending on what you are going for. the stks4 is a more vintage type sounding pup than the others mentioned though it is a touch more muscular than a typical vintage fender pup or ssl1 for example

Comment

Thanks looking for a set that works good both clean and with gain for the styles i mentioned

Comment

I have that #2 set in a Strat. Sweet set that sounds like a classic Strat, but remains noiseless in all positions. I've never heard the #1 set. (But I'd like to.)

Comment

Here I'd go for the YJM, as you've heard that sound before- Yngwie's tone is wonderful with and without gain.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Just get the Yngwie's, you know you want to!

Comment

Wow! Those YJM's are all in the 25k range. I wonder what they sound like?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                Wow! Those YJM's are all in the 25k range. I wonder what they sound like?

My understanding is they are the old style stack, and rather low in output. Similar to the Dimarzio HS-3 at almost 24k but lower in output that most of their true singles.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

You're right. I just read the details. The first line says, "While based on our original patented Stack design . . ."

Comment

While I loved the stk 4’s - they were very vintage in tone and output - a tad hotter than true singles but not by much. They sound great when driven but they’re not going to scream and give you bass thump like the YJMs will.

Comment

I bump again just to say that i got yjm fury neck and bridge and i love them!

I found out the pickups with great clean sound too! Probably they won't be the first choice for a single coil purist but i dig them! They cleanup in a great way and they really balance each other and work for several styles.

Comment

Congrats! I like the YJM sound clean, too. It sounds more vintagey than most people realize.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm absolutely agree ! they are not just for shred ! They have a good chime without being harsh and good mids while retaining a good single coil character and have a good response if you work with volume pot in order to handle gain and dynamics

Comment

Working...
                          X