banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Duncan Custom TB-5 -- where did they go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Duncan Custom TB-5 -- where did they go?

I can't find an all-black new one anywhere. Trem spaced Customs are scarce. Even the Duncan website is out of stock
    "Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it." John Adams

All the trem spaced SD are scarce at the moment, think it had to do with production slowdown for a while and they havent been able to catch up.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Last time I checked the SD site, Trembuckers were still not available. Only my thought but I suspect the pandemic factored in to this. They should return as things ramp back up.
      I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Things are ramping back up at the factory, so you should see more of everything coming soon.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If the 59 Model Trembucker was twice as loud, it would be a Custom 5 Trembucker. Scooped mids, even bass & treble, and high output. This is the Trembucker (F-spaced) version of the Custom 5 humbucker.

Swap the magnet out for a ceramic and there's the TB-5

Comment

I found one at a Mom & Pop store in Michigan.

Didn't know there was a shortage
            "Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it." John Adams

Comment

Trembuckers especially - I think they ran out of the bobbins for a while there.
              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Sweetwater was back in-stock on a few of them, as of a couple weeks ago anyways.
                You might try reverb since there are lots of smaller dealers on there too. (recently snagged a Nazgul trembucker from Pilgram's Projects in Michigan)

edit;
                Sorry it's "Pilgrim's Projects" from Hastings Michigan on Reverb.
                Obviously Banjomikez is another place to check, he's usually my first option when wanting something shop-custom or something that is out-of-stock at the big stores.
                Last edited by dave74; 06-03-2021, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Shout out to Bayberry Music. They responded quickly to my inquiries and there's one on the way to me now.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
                    Last time I checked the SD site, Trembuckers were still not available. Only my thought but I suspect the pandemic factored in to this. They should return as things ramp back up.
                    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    Things are ramping back up at the factory, so you should see more of everything coming soon.
                    FWIW the pandemic affected many suppliers, supply chains and transportation, so it might not even be an SD factory issue. (Or has someone talked to them and confirmed?)

Comment

I think Mincer had said that he’d been told they were running minimal staff for a while during COVID, and had focused production on some lines over others.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post
                        I think Mincer had said that he’d been told they were running minimal staff for a while during COVID, and had focused production on some lines over others.
                        I think they are just trying to fill back orders now.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                        X