Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Duncan Pickup Dimension

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know the dimension of the Solar Duncan Pickups? I just bought myself a Solar V2.6 and kind of don‘t like the sound of it. It has an additional noise/buzzing sound when played with distortion/gain (cannot hear any buzzing noise on clean). I have one more solar guitar A1.6 and i don’t have any such problem in that guitar and its tight and crisp. So i thought of changing the pickups of the V2.6 to Blackouts or Dimebucker. But i am not sure if they will fit in the cavity as i heard that to do so routing is needed and i am kinda scared to do it.

Aren’t the Duncan Solar pickup dimension same as the Blackouts or Dimebuckers?

Also, i would be grateful if someone has experienced or could shed some light on the buzzing noise issue.

Thanking you in Advance.

Regards

Dey

Welcome to the site. Im taking a guess they are trem spaced, which is 53.Xmm but any high output non-trem spaced pickup would fit. The Solar pickups I believe iare based off the Custom 5.

1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

The Solars don't have any weird baseplates or mounting tabs, and they use standard coil sizes, so you should be fine with any replacement.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

blackouts are active so make sure you have a plan for the battery if you go that route

Comment

i owned a set of HB114 solars.
          it was definitely the duncan trembucker spacing in the bridge. neck was std. spaced.
          i know for sure because i put the dimensions into the ad when i sold it.

Comment

Working...
          X