Correct SD Diagram??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct SD Diagram??

hi all~ Will this diagram split my neck SM-3 as well? I tend to think not as the neck pup isn't showing the same # of wires as the bridge.... Any appropriate schem out there? My push/pull is on the tone pot...
    Many thnx~

p.s.
    it's still there
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zozoe; 07-12-2021, 08:59 PM.

Originally posted by zozoe View Post

hi all~ Will this diagram split my neck SM-3 as well? I tend to think not as the neck pup isn't showing the same # of wires as the bridge.... Any appropriate schem out there? My push/pull is on the tone pot...
    Many thnx~
    Zozoe,

That diagram is intended to split the neck and bridge at the same time but it has an error. The Red & White wires from the neck pickup are supposed to connect to the rightside middle lug of the push-pull switch, not run to Ground like the diagram shows.

The diagram has a 2nd error: it is missing the Green and Bare wires for the neck pickup. Those 2 wires should be wired to Ground (the back of a pot) just like you see the Bridge humbucker's Green and Bare wires routed.

The diagram also has a 3rd error with the wiring on the 5 way selector switch. The wire that comes off the 5 way switch and then connects to the volume pot needs to be fixed as follows: that wire needs to come off the 5 way switch fron the last empty lug on the same side of the switch where the 3 pickup hot wires are attached, not the 2nd lug on the side its currently shown coming off.

I'll make a post about the problems in this diagram in the thread "Is there a problem with this diagram?"
    Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 07-05-2021, 12:46 AM.
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Wow! Wonder how that got by QC?

Fixed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_102680.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	6093482

Comment

Yeah even I was able to spot that!
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

& in all my inquisitive novice'ness, I'm learning fast, and I felt something was amiss,,,, Thanks guys

p.s.
          here's the patient Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210319-230247_Gallery.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	6093520
          Attached Files

Comment

That should be a great guitar to get this wiring.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Indeed, MINCER,,, i picked this up, like new, at a FL GC for an obscene 300 bucks, & it plays great, nice C neck, delicious medium jumbos, & the P/P circuitry already there, so I'm simply upping the most likely mediocre EPI pickups, one by one,,, or I may just live with the other 2,,, but the SM3 came along at a great price,,, so,,, wth~
              Last edited by zozoe; 07-05-2021, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X