Custom wind :: double/oversized ceramic vs regular ceramic vs A8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom wind :: double/oversized ceramic vs regular ceramic vs A8

Lots of info on the Custom 8, but can’t seem to find any reviews with a double-thick ceramic.

Anyone tried it?

How would you describe the EQ shift and difference in output compared to the regular ceramic and A8 versions?

As for the difference between regular ceramic SH-5 and C8, which has more [perceived] output and compression?

SH-5’s highs/treble is too present and piercing for my taste.
    I want more mids, growl/snarl/rawwwr, same or more oomph.

I'm just going to leave this here...

https://reverb.com/item/41295117-sey...cover-oem-3b27

Ignore the "JB" thing in the title and the borrowed description. That's not what this pickup is...it's the triple ceramic DD-1 "Holeshot" Duncan made as OEM for DBZ guitars a few years back. If you want a warmer, higher output Custom, that oughta give you just what you're after! Also, the seller (not me) accepts offers. Just sayin'
    Last edited by Masta' C; 07-28-2021, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
      I'm just going to leave this here...

https://reverb.com/item/41295117-sey...cover-oem-3b27

Ignore the "JB" thing in the title and the borrowed description. That's not what this pickup is...it's the triple ceramic DD-1 "Holeshot" Duncan made as OEM for DBZ guitars a few years back. If you want a warmer, higher output Custom, that oughta give you just what you're after! Also, the seller (not me) accepts offers. Just sayin'
      That sounds badass. First I've heard of this pup
      Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

Thanks for exposing me to a new pickup, but I just got this SH-5, so I’m going to exhaust all options before trying a totally different wind.

Comment

From another thread...

Originally posted by dvanburen View Post
          thick ceramic in custom is very very cool. warmer and bigger sounding than stock custom. big bottom end but not muddy at all. good string separation. Its a better version of the stock custom. It sounds absolutely massive and if you a/b it with the stock custom you may find that the stock is colder and a bit thinner in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
            From another thread...
            Sold.

I’ll report back with my humble, yet overly critical opinions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm interested here too. I sweetened a Distortion set with double A8s and have two extra double ceramics now.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by gsammo79 View Post

That sounds badass. First I've heard of this pup
                I almost bought one a few years back for my Jackson, but other expenses took precedence.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X