No sound after rewire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sound after rewire

I am scratching my head pretty hard. I wired in new pots, caps, pickups, and switch in my Les Paul. Anywhere on the ground circuit that I touch the probes from my meter, I get continuity to the ground on the jack. If I touch the pickup output and the jack output, I get continuity. If I measure the resistance of the ground and put put at the jack, I read the correct resistance of whichever pickup is selected (7.15k for the APH-1 in the neck and 16k for the JB in the bridge), and yet, it makes no sound. What In the world am I missing?

One of my teachers said: If you see the impossible, think of the impossible. Dead guitar cable? Try another.
    Last edited by hamerfan; 07-31-2021, 10:01 AM.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

I used alligator leads to identify where I lost sound in the signal. It was a dead toggle switch. I cleaned it up, and it worked.

Comment

I had toggle switches which didn‘t work on one side, but never on both sides. Maybe i did not think impossible enough
        I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Working...
        X