No announcement yet.

Question about multimeter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that bit of info, I have another beginner question, how exactly do I measure the resistance of a pickup? What wires do I test? Thanks for the help.
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post
      Thanks for that bit of info, I have another beginner question, how exactly do I measure the resistance of a pickup? What wires do I test? Thanks for the help.
      Try this link, it looks like it covers using an instrument cable and on the pickup hookup wires themselves:

A multi-meter is a handy tool for guitar players to have on their work bench. They have a myriad of uses when it comes to guitar, effects and amplifiers, and it's always worthwhile having even a basic multi-meter around to troubleshoot things.
      I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Working...
      X