banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pot and cap values for S-D Hot Rails Tele Set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot and cap values for S-D Hot Rails Tele Set?

Thinking 500k volume, 500k tone, but I have a 1 meg sitting around if needed. Cap wise thinking 0.022 uF. I have 0.047s lying about too.

Straight tele wiring with a 3-way blade, possibly a coil splitting push-push in the tone position, which would restrict me to a 500k tone pot. The push-pull can't go in the volume position because of the ridge in the bottom of the control cavity.

I was thinking about a 4-way blade, but if these hot rails are as "hot" as they're supposed to be I can't see a need for two humbuckers in series.

Thanks in advance.

Hot rails are dark so you can go as high as you want with the pots and it will sound good. Just whatever your preference.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

They were designed to drop right in a stock Tele, with no other alterations, so 250k works. Pots are cheap, so experiment. But many don't bother changing them from stock.
      Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

Thanks guys.

I'll start with 500s and go from there.

Interesting wiring diagram below gives, I think,
        P-1 bridge full humbucker
        P-2 bridge + neck parallel full humbucker
        P-3 neck full humbucker
        P-4 bridge coil split
        P-5 neck coil split

But I can't figure out P-5.

Comments anyone?

Click image for larger version  Name:	2H_5WSPL_1V_1T.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.1 KB ID:	6100398
        Last edited by ThreeChordWonder; 08-01-2021, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Regardless of the pickups, I can’t see going back to a Tele with a 3 way. That series setting is almost like an onboard boost. Mine has Lace Sensors, but I bet I’d still use it with humbuckers.
          "Patience is key. Hard work is obligatory. And itís the decisions you make right now, not the habits of the past, that will shape your success in the future." - Janek Gwizdala

Comment

Oh lookey what I found:

Brian George - I owe you a beer! Click image for larger version

Name:	Brian George Tele HH 4-way coil split.png
Views:	30
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	6100415

Comment

Working...
            X