Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skelt101
    replied
    I didn’t see them mentioned on your list, but was thinking Pearly Gates would fit your description of vintage output and a little more aggressive.

Leave a comment:

• gsammo79
    replied
    the Saturday Night Special set would be good for a change of pace, and for what youre aiming to do with your rig.

Leave a comment:

• Chistopher
    replied
    I'd say go with the Saturday Nigbt Specials. The bands you listed are more defined by the playing style of the guitar moreso than the guitars tone, so just pick whatever you think sounds best to you.

Only real points of consideration is that often times the '59n has too much bass in some guitars and some people find the Jazz too bright

Leave a comment:

• Adieu
    replied
    Super Distortion / PAF 36th set from DiMarzio comes to mind.

Leave a comment:

• Doublea1269
    started a topic "Classic Rock" pickups for Flying V

"Classic Rock" pickups for Flying V

So I just picked up a nice Epiphone Flying V and want to replace the stock pups. All of my guitars have vintage-type output (Gibson 57s, Slash Sig, 59 Blues, APH1, etc), as I really don't like high output pickups. I want this guitar to be a little different, just a little more aggressive, but still vintage/moderate output. This guitar will be used mostly for playing stuff like old KISS, Aerosmith, Thin Lizzy, etc. Also love playing Stones and Black Crowes music, but probably not with this guitar.

I'm having a hard time trying to nail down what might work from videos...it's often hard to pick up the nuances of the pickups that way, never mind that many of the videos will be done on a superstrat type guitar and playing a different style from me altogether. There are a few options I think I've gotten down to, and I just wanted to see if anyone out there has experience with them, and what their thoughts might be...

Saturday Night Special set
    Whole Lotta Humbucker set
    59 Blues set
    59 neck/SH-14 Custom 5 bridge
    Jazz neck/SH-14 Custom 5 bridge

I am primarily a rhythm guitarist whose biggest heroes are Keef, Townshend, Malcolm, Izzy and the like.

Thanks in advance to whoever has an opinion!

Adam
Working...
X