new build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new build

Hey guys, I am in the process of figuring out specs for a new build that I started back in 2015 but did not build due to some personal things going on. I am picking back up to complete the build however since that time there have been some changes. After listening to multiple videos and comparing pickups online to ones I had, I decided on trying the Gus G fire Blackouts. It now appears these are no longer made, I have been listening to more videos in attempt to find a replacement but I figured I would ask the forums as well. I currently have a guitar with blackouts, EMGs 81/60 set, and a EMG HZ thats in a lahio blacky model. I like the lahio and the blackout pickups the best from what i have so far but i was wondering if SD was making anything similar to the fire blackouts.

Welcome to the forum!

Those pickups might still be available at some authorized dealers. Usually stuff that isn't in stock on the main SD site can be found online from various dealers.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Im going to reach out to the dealer and ask if ESP can still get the or not. I am assuming that they won’t be able to.

Comment

They might have several on the shelf, so ask!

Comment

So esp gave a no go on using Gus G set. I’m attempting to replicate the set by using a passive pickup with the blackout booster. Does anyone know what pickups were used for this. I have been told he was using a JB and 59. His esp signatures have Duncan distortion. The write up on the signature set says it’s a passive pickup with the Alinco 5 magnets. My other option is to use a passive emg. But I’d like to see if I can replicate with something similar

Comment

There are a few sets of Gus G Blackouts on Reverb, btw.

Comment

Have you ever checked-out the Jeff Loomis blackouts? I have not but those always have interested me.

Comment

Anyone ever used the passive blackouts with active preamps? They are the AHB-10s

Comment

Working...
                X