JB/59 Hybrid , has it been done ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB/59 Hybrid , has it been done ?

Just curious if anyone has taken a coil from a JB and one from a 59 and built a Hybrid .
    If so does it have a nice midrange without over powering the 59 coil ?

We've got a few committed hybrid makers here, i'd be willing to bet it's been done
    Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

I believe it has, and we've had a few threads about it, too.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

There was one for sale in the Trading Post. Might still be there. It has been done, both by members, and ordered from the custom shop.

Comment

I have a Custom Shop made JB/59 hybrid (the one in the Trading Post), along with a matching '59/Jazz neck, both taken from a $5K ESP Exhibition series guitar, but I never got around to trying them myself. I'm on a major downsizing spree at the moment, as I am moving states at the end of the year. So, I'm wrapping up a couple critical projects and selling off pretty much everything else.

I did post a number of sample videos in a thread about the JB/59 not too long ago...most were of ESP Exhibition guitars that used this combo. The impression I got from the vids was that the JB/59 hybrid is fairly open sounding with a bit of attitude thrown in. Made me think of a hotter Pearly Gates type tone in a way.

Comment

Working...
          X