Wiring for Yamaha Pacifica 212/ 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring for Yamaha Pacifica 212/ 112

I have a Yamaha Pacifica 212. The wiring is identical to the more common 112 with just a few upgrades on the body. I have not been able to find an exact match in the SD wiring diagrams. It has two single coils (neck and middle) a humbucker in the bridge position, 1 volume pot, 1 tone pot with a push pull split coil for the humbucker and a five way blade switch. Is there a wiring diagram available. I've found one that includes everything but the push pull tone pot. I purchased a JB humbucker and quarter pound single coils and am anxious to get them installed correctly. The original humbucker was a three wire and does not match the SD wiring, so I want to make sure I have it right. Thanks!

The closest on the SD site is this one. Just ignore the neck red/white wires going to the push-pull. The rest of it should be the same as your Pacifica (though this is with SD wire colors).

Comment

So I note that this says it is a volume push pull split. Mine is a tone push pull spit coil. Is the wiring the same? I'm using SD pups for the replacement so the wiring colors would be accurate for what I need. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Yes, the wiring is the same, no matter what pot the push/pull is on.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. That was not clear to me. I also assume the exact placement of the connector on the push pull is important and I need to put the humbucker red/ white on that middle postiion from your drawing? Also, I can then take a look at a strat wiring diagram for the two single coils in the middle and neck position, since this is a hum single combo.

Comment

Yes, red & white are on that middle lug (either side).
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Here's a close up of just splitting a humbucker. The top version is typical, probably what you should follow - will work well in the Pacifica given that the slug coil will be near the middle pickup and will sound more Fender Strat-like when split. The bottom is an alternate way to split. You can ignore it (or if you don't like the sound of splitting to slug coil, try it.)

Comment

Wiring the Yamaha OEM Alpha 5 way switch is very confusing and a problem. All of your diagrams for 5 way switches show 5 connections. I've seen other diagrams with 5 on one side and 3 additional connections on the other side. My switch has 8 poles in a row. I had this wired correctly temporarily but the coil split wasn't working even though it matched your diagram. I also found that the neck position didn't turn off the middle single coil, so I assumed that I had the positions wrong on the switch. I moved the connections over and now it isn't working. I did remove what looked like a redundant ground which obviously wasn't redundant. Any clues on how to figure out how this switch should be wired or should I just buy a new strat switch and start over with something that is easier to wire and perhaps has directions?

Comment

the 4 per side 5way has been the standard since fender rolled it out. the 8 in a line is a version of that, if you have a multi meter you can figure out how the correspond but this is the most common one ive seen

Comment

See if this Yamaha diagram matches your Yamaha switch.

Comment

Someone posted the actual Pacifica wiring diagram the other day in another thread. It looks simple, you only use half the switch. Your coil split takes the red/white directly from the pickup. The black wire of the Duncan pickup goes to where the bridge wire attaches in the Pacifica diagram. (And green/bare go to ground, of course.)

Comment

Working...
                      X