Quick P/P Help For The Jetlagged...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick P/P Help For The Jetlagged...

G'day all~ As I prepare to give my daughter's original Hello Kitty some steroids, on the push/pull pot I'm planning on, what would the 5 colour SD scheme look like,,, One for Full >> South Coil, OR maybe Full >> North Coil?? I'm fresh off a plane from Cali, & I promised my college freshperson a quick turnaround,,, plus my head's throbbing, so I ask ya'll, what does my Red, White, Green, Black, & Bare look like at the P/P for either of the above 2 choices?
    thanks a mill guys ~

https://www.seymourduncan.com/resour...iring-diagrams

Comment

Here's the alternate coils. (IME slug is more Fender Strat-like, screw coil is a touch more P90-ish/punk like. Either individual coil will hum.)

Comment

Hey BB, thanks,,, it's a Dimarzio X2N that has no adjustable poles, so it's safe to assume that the southern coil is closest to the bridge is the one to use? Yes, Fender,,,, right?
        thnx
        Last edited by zozoe; 09-22-2021, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Actually, IME, the coil further from the bridge, toward the neck, has the more Fendery sound. The coil closest to the bridge is usually bright and kind of P90 punkish in my experiements.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
            Actually, IME, the coil further from the bridge, toward the neck, has the more Fendery sound. The coil closest to the bridge is usually bright and kind of P90 punkish in my experiements.
            I agree with this.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

MINCER!!
              [QUOTE=Mincer;n6113912]

G'day~ This is my 1st adventure with installing a single H'bucker & splitting it via a P/P. Looking at my pics & pot, (which I am unable to post), on my new 500k CTS P/P pot, am I NOT to bend back a tab and ground it to the casing (like it shows in the SD shot?), & simply connect the appropriate wires to C2, C3, & ground & out & be done? Thnx

Comment

Comment: If you do not go with a mini something that allows single/parallel/humbucker you are really missing out with an X2N.

Does the north/south coil REALLY matter that much? IMO - no....

Is this for you or did she request this?
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Aceman,,, I'm just looking to put lipstick on a pig by putting a H'bucker in her original, 1st issue, Hello Kitty, with the ability to P/P and leave the north coil on... Only 2 sounds, hot & heavy, & single coil.
                  thnx

Comment

Done & done, with the only correction needed was to reverse the reverse taper... Easy peasy, & thnx to ya'll!!

Comment

Working...
                    X