Long vs short mounting legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long vs short mounting legs

For a HSS strat pickguard what pickup mounting leg type works for a HB?

Short legs.
    “The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.” - Edward Van Halen

Comment

Some Strats can still accommodate longer legs, but it's best to go with short mounting legs for most guitar types except archtops.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I'd say short, certainly. A few Strats were able to accommodate long legs, but for many, there just isn't enough room.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Is that something you can choose? I was not even aware of such thing. Or does the leg size depend of the actual model? Which ones have long, which have short legs?
          Who took my guitar?

Comment

Most pickups come with short screws, worst case scenario if they are too long you can cut them shorter.
            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

paf types usually have long legs, modern stuff short. if you go shop floor custom, you can get the short or long on whatever pup regardless of the typical configuration

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
                Is that something you can choose? I was not even aware of such thing. Or does the leg size depend of the actual model? Which ones have long, which have short legs?
                The custom shop gives the option. I'm getting the 78.

Comment

Working...
                X