wiring question concerning bridge humbucker, micro 3 way switch, in a strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring question concerning bridge humbucker, micro 3 way switch, in a strat

Adding a SD classic 59 to my strat bridge, and a 3 way micro switch to the pickguard for series parallel split...i downloaded SD wiring diagram for 1 humbucker 1 volume 1 3 way micro switch, just to see how the micro is wired...i assume that the hot lead going from the switch to the volume pot in this diagram, in my master volume strat, would go to the lever switch bridge pup lug...correct?? does my question make sense?

Is your 59 a 4 conductor version? And what are the other 2 pickups? SD's pickups are out-of-phase to modern Fender pickups, so this would influence how it is wired.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Is your 59 a 4 conductor version? And what are the other 2 pickups? SD's pickups are out-of-phase to modern Fender pickups, so this would influence how it is wired.
      yes its a 4 conductor so I have the wires needed to wire the switch
      the other 2 pickups are sd little 59's

Comment

Originally posted by semi-hollowbody2018 View Post
        Adding a SD classic 59 to my strat bridge, and a 3 way micro switch to the pickguard for series parallel split...i downloaded SD wiring diagram for 1 humbucker 1 volume 1 3 way micro switch, just to see how the micro is wired...i assume that the hot lead going from the switch to the volume pot in this diagram, in my master volume strat, would go to the lever switch bridge pup lug...correct?? does my question make sense?
        You are correct.

Comment

Yep, hot from the mini toggle goes to bridge pickup's usual lug on the blade switch.
          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

excellent, thats what I ASSumed but wanted to make sure before i start flinging solder everywhere LOL...thanks for the tips...

Comment

Working...
            X