new pickguard tone pots will not work///where to begin trouble shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I completely un-wired everything and am going to carefully rewire it
    if it still wont work, ill post pics...i need to use a pic hosting site, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by semi-hollowbody2018 View Post
      I completely un-wired everything and am going to carefully rewire it
      if it still wont work, ill post pics...i need to use a pic hosting site, correct?
      Yes, for now you do.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If you use the little image button top right next to the formatting buttons it brings up a window titled Image Properties. Hit the upload tab, select your file, the click the Send it to the Server button, and they should still upload. Like this one just did.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sps2.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	6118592

Comment

BTW Mine was a 97 916 bought brand new in Aberdeen,, Scotland..

Upgraded with carbon fiber everything, a blueprinted engine, Marchesinis, Ohlins front and rear, JH Perfornace pipes and chip, AP Racing 6-piston brakes, and a whole lot more I've forgotten. It got totaled shipping it across the Atlantic. Someone bought what was left and its still out there somewhere in the south of England. R916KSS.

Comment

Oh man, what a great bike.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

And in the north of Scotland the twisty mostly cop free roads to spank it on too.

Comment

Sounds fun!
                I remember the days when I had a BSA 650 set up for racing. I had a friend who was a racing bike mechanic who tricked up his Triumph and we would go out to the back country roads and race. We once got up to 135mph, still climbing, neck and neck, but we looked at each other and agreed that was enough...very scary. Fastest bike I've ever owned. My favorite, though, was my Harley Super Glide that I completely chopped.

Comment

I rode a Harley. ONCE.

A gay friend of mine in Scotland had one. Harleys are big sellers amongst the gay biker fraternity in the UK, something to do with a certain Robert Halford, I expect. Anyway.

There's Kenny, done up like Freddie Mercury meets Rob Halford on the 916, me in full racing leathers, etc. on a Sportster.

German tourist with a BMW stopped in a layby for a smoke and a look at his map hears us coming, and the WTF??? Look on his face... priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeChordWonder View Post
                    One last thing, make sure you are using a HIGH wattage soldering iron to solder to the pot casings. You need a short, sharp, intense blast of heat. You don't want to "gently warm" the pots as this will cook the internals.
                    That's a very important point...one that I have been stressing for years.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeChordWonder View Post
                      I rode a Harley. ONCE.

A gay friend of mine in Scotland had one. Harleys are big sellers amongst the gay biker fraternity in the UK, something to do with a certain Robert Halford, I expect. Anyway.

There's Kenny, done up like Freddie Mercury meets Rob Halford on the 916, me in full racing leathers, etc. on a Sportster.

German tourist with a BMW stopped in a layby for a smoke and a look at his map hears us coming, and the WTF??? Look on his face... priceless.
                      That's funny. I guess when you're used to the quiet of a BMW, hearing those two bikes come up on you would be quite a shocker. My Harley would get some looks, but my BSA only had tin cans with holes for mufflers...it was LOUD! People would cover their ears when I rode up.

Comment

Wired it up with new pots caps and switch, worked perfectly...got it all back together and set up...loving it...love the trembucker at series or parallel...love the mid and neck mini buckers...very happy with this set up now...

Comment

sounds like a winner, glad you like your new setup!

Comment

Working...
                          X