Popular Pickup That You Hate / Hated Pickup That You Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
    I remembered another one: Phat Cats. I clearly don't "hate" them. But I was underwhelmed. GFS Dream 90's took their place. I DO hate saying that.
    I've heard from a few people that the Phat Cat's leave something to be desired. The neck too muddy and the bridge too bright? I figured the P-Rails would be a better shout for single coil sized p-90s from Duncan.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

• Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

I've heard from a few people that the Phat Cat's leave something to be desired. The neck too muddy and the bridge too bright? I figured the P-Rails would be a better shout for single coil sized p-90s from Duncan.
      I think that if Seymour had wound the neck to about 7.5k, it would be a much more popular set. I have a pair of them in my LP for straight up jazz sounds with flat wounds and alnico IV mags in the neck. It works well, but the neck is still a little too hot for the bridge as it is. I may try Alnico III in the neck and Alnico V or VIII in the bridge to get the tones and outputs to match up better.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

• Why not try putting the neck pup in the bridge and visa versa?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Demanic View Post
          Why not try putting the neck pup in the bridge and visa versa?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
          The neck is rated at 8k and the bridge is rated at 8.5k. if you think about it, that's well within 10% of each other, which, to me, is statistically the same. You could get a neck that's as hot as a bridge or a bridge that's tje same as the neck in any given set.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
          X