Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mincer
    replied
    I am not a JB or Jazz fan, but I get why people like them. Oh, and the Gibson 490 set is the most personality-less I've ever tried. The one I love is either an Alnico II Pro neck, or a Classic Stack.

Leave a comment:

• Popular Pickup That You Hate / Hated Pickup That You Love

Hey folks!

Just for the sake of discussion, what's a popular pickup that you just can't stand?
    Your choice should be something that fits with the genres you play and enjoy, i.e., don't say "I hate EMGs because I only play da bluez"
    Also, what's a pickup with a bad rep that you actually really enjoy?

I'll say that I can't seem to get the sounds I like out of a Seth Lover neck. I currently have it in my PRS SE, and its... pretty good. That's the best I've been able to do with it. I've tried it in waaay to many guitars now, with way too many magnet types (currently I've settled on an A4), but despite TRYING to love it, I've never plugged it in and said "yep! There it is!"

On the other hand, the Gibson 490R seems to take a lot of flack on forums, and I actually quite like it. I like it stock, as well as with the other mags I've tried in it. I actually put one in my main axe, my LP gold top, currently with an A5 in it.

What about the rest of you?
Working...
X