• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gsammo79
    replied
    Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
    I hate ceramic in full size buckers.

People seem to hate compression, but I love it. I love the feeling of a huge signal slamming the amp. I love the gritty, metallic upper mids and complex harmonics.
    That's what I like about the EMG 81

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    I hate ceramic in full size buckers.

People seem to hate compression, but I love it. I love the feeling of a huge signal slamming the amp. I love the gritty, metallic upper mids and complex harmonics.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied
    Hate is too strong a word, but I'm not a huge fan of the Custom Custom. But then, in the right application, it can be perfect.
    I'm not too fond of the cheap Asian stock pickups with a low wind and a ceramic magnet. But if you put in an ALNICO magnet, sometimes you can get a usable result.

Leave a comment:

• Blille
    replied
    Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
    Popular Pickup(s) That I Hate: any EMG and DiMarzio products; from the Duncans I tried, the Pegasus and the Distortion don't get much love around here either;

Hated Pickup(s) That I Love: the Gibson '57 Classic + set in my 2011 LP Trad (it's my only axe without Duncans).
    57s are hated? I always thought they're well respected.

Leave a comment:

• zionstrat
    replied
    Disliked but I love..
    Burstbucker 3 in the bridge

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Benjy_26
    replied
    Box stock JB/ Screamin Demon, Dimebucker

Leave a comment:

• UnderTheFlame83
    replied
    Hate - Dimebucker
    Hated but Loved - EMG 81

Leave a comment:

• Synapsys
    replied
    Popular Pickup(s) That I Hate: any EMG and DiMarzio products; from the Duncans I tried, the Pegasus and the Distortion don't get much love around here either;

Hated Pickup(s) That I Love: the Gibson '57 Classic + set in my 2011 LP Trad (it's my only axe without Duncans).

Leave a comment:

• CaptainWhizz
    replied
    The 498t has never quite done it for me. But the again, it’s not exactly loved by everyone anyway. I think it sounds like an emaciated JB. I could see it being good for certain applications, and I’d probably like it in a Fender.

Leave a comment:

• Blille
    replied
    Jazz neck is not my thing. I just really like an A2 in the neck. Took my a while to figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• gsammo79
    replied
    The 490T is my winner for lousy & useless. Stinks like beer ***ts.

EMG 81: not the Nickelback of guitar pups necessarily but gets it's fair share of hate. I like it a lot.
    Last edited by gsammo79; 10-13-2021, 10:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied
    The JB I don't get along with anymore. I did way back but after trying others, discovered it's not for me even though my music taste is right in with others that would use the JB first and foremost. The one I love is the Screamin' Demon. I know some don't care for it but it works for me in many cases.

Leave a comment:

• Chistopher
    replied
    I would actually buy a Tacoma if I were in the market. Short cab, short bed, put some speakers and seats in the bed to make it a party truck.

I'm not much a fan of Fords new Rangers though, they went from being a good, cheap pickup to being just another tier of F150.

Leave a comment:

• nexion218
    replied
    I love all sorts of extreme metal, but EMGs are just not my cup of tea (though I have them for the sake of versatility). On the other hand, I do love me some JB and Nazgūl.

Leave a comment:

• alex1fly
    replied
    All of mine are vintage-voiced PAFs. Seth Lover, 57 Classic, Dimarzio's VPAF series, whatever came stock in my Epi LP back in the day. I like how they sound - recordings are nice - but not how they play. Same goes for the 85/15s in my PRS SE; great sound listening back, but not fun/expressive enough in the moment to keep me satisfied.

The switch broke on my PRS SE so I used the opportunity to audition a JB/Jazz set. The JB is really intriguing-clean it's round, open, smooth top end, a bit of bite; dirty it definitely sings for leads. Feels good to play.
    Last edited by alex1fly; 10-13-2021, 10:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X