SD pickups similar to ibanez S7/S8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD pickups similar to ibanez S7/S8?

Are there any duncan humbuckers that are very close to the tone that ibanez s7/s8 pickups put out? i have them in my rg570 from 2 years back and want the same tone in my 2 ESP's (now that i wont buy any other brand). These things are fairly high output, and a slightly higher tone than the duncan distortions my ESPs have.

thanks,
    Mike

Re: SD pickups similar to ibanez S7/S8?

You could probably find some Ibanez S7/S8 pickups on Ebay. That way you could be sure to get the sound that you want. You'd probably get them at a reasonable price too.
    My Gear:
    Kramer USA Baretta II;Ibanez RG550 (MIJ)
    Laney Pro Tube Lead AOR 50watt 1x12" Combo
    Boss GT-3;ProCo Rat2;DOD 250 Overdrive/Preamp;DOD 201 Phaser;DOD FX-90 Delay

Pickups Used:
    TB-12 Screamin' Demon;TB-4 JB;SH-10 Full Shred;SH-5 Custom;TB-1 '59;TB-6 Distortion

Comment

I just know the V1 and V2s which are now replaced by the V7 V8 combo i think.
      I found the V2 was crap against the JB. Maybe there are some replacement pickups you would like more than ibanez pups. I just can say JB is killer in my RG. Never tried a distortion.....
      RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
      TS 7 (modded)
      Hot Rod 50+ XL
      Framus Dragon 4x12
      V-AMP II for practice

Comment

those same ibanez pups that you love in the rg might sound like poo in the esp. id try the ones you have in the esp to see how they sound before you try to track the s7/s8 combo down.
        im not very familiar with those pups so i cant help ya match them

Comment

arent those single coils? what ESP are we talking about here?

Comment

Never heard of the S7/S8, but I do know that the V7/V8 combo was paired with an S1 in the middle often.

I've ditched them all for Duncans, and hell, have never looked back The Duncans are better in every aspect. I cant even remember what they sound like anymore!

The only facts I do have about them, is that the V7 (neck pos) is ceramic, and the V8 (bridge pos) is Alnico, probably A5
            Ibanez RG 470 Hotrodded w/ OFR, SD FS/JB Jr(b)/DD, 90% of original hardware replaced
            Jim Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby Hotrodded w/ TB, LED indicator, BC109s, will have sweep range selector and booster circuit
            Carl Martin Rock Drive
            ISP Decimator
            BOSS DD-3
            Laney LC-15R

My Rig

Comment

Working...
            X