Scratch marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch marks

Just got my guitar back from having a fret level and polish to find a scratch or file mark on the neck pickup. Any suggestions on touch up paint etc.

Play it more so it gets more damage and you don’t notice the pickup scratch
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

You definitely don't want to paint it, that will scratch off very quickly and look worse than it does now.

If it is important to you, meaning it really bothers you to have scratches on the top of the pup, then you have one of two choices: 1) sand it and polish it so you don't notice the scratches as much; 2) go back to the luthier who did the fret work and ask him to make it right (either put on a new top bobbin or replace the pickup).
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

That is a bizarre place to get scratches during a fret level. The tools should not contact your pickups. They may have dropped something on your guitar. I'd go ask the luthier for their "advice" as a nice way of finding out what happened.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
        http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

I would just move on and play it. All of my guitars have dings and scratches, none of them are case queens. They are tools that get used and used hard.

Comment

All of my guitars ARE queens, but that tiny scratch wouldn't bother even me. Like Securb said, just play it and forget it.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I always imagine the guy who gets his first rock chip on his $500,000 Ferrari...

Comment

A q-tip and buffing compound will remove that.

Comment

Working...
                X