Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DK2 pickup change

Hi,
    I would like to replace bridge pickup in my Jackson DK2 MIJ. Currently there is an TB-4 (from factory), but I want something more aggressive, because I play mainly in Drop B (usually Slipknot) and I've had so many guitars with JB that I'm simply bored with this pickup. I'm considering Black Winter or Duncan Distortion. Have anyone tried these pickups in similar guitar and would like to share experience with me? Amp that I'm using is an Engl.

Thanks for the answer

PATB-2.
    Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Just go for a Nazgul. I think it would work great here.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Another vote for the Nazgūl. It's extremely tight bottom and the nails to the chalkboard mid/treble EQ would really shine in a low tuning like that.

Comment

In a guitar like that, I'd consider an Invader or Pegasus TBH. I find that bolt-on MIJ Jacksons tend to be very bright guitars, and something a bit darker balances that well.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies! In fact, I didn't take the nazgul into account somehow, but listening to the demos it seems to be very interesting. I will probably choose it.

Comment

In that guitar I would typically choose the Invader, but then again every individual guitar is a bit different so the Nazgul might be a great fit too.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen View Post
                Hi,
                I would like to replace bridge pickup in my Jackson DK2 MIJ. Currently there is an TB-4 (from factory), but I want something more aggressive, because I play mainly in Drop B (usually Slipknot) and I've had so many guitars with JB that I'm simply bored with this pickup. I'm considering Black Winter or Duncan Distortion. Have anyone tried these pickups in similar guitar and would like to share experience with me? Amp that I'm using is an Engl.

Thanks for the answer
                Before you dismiss the JB try an Alnico 8 magnet in it and throw in a tubescreamer or an EQ pedal with the 400Hz freq cut. OTOH I'm a big fan of Black Winter, it does the metal thing extremely well, cleans up and splits very well too.

Comment

Working...
                X