Full circle...A2P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full circle...A2P

My first Duncan pickup back in the mid to late 80's was an Alnico II bridge I put in my LP Custom, had it for a bunch of years until I got hooked on P-90's. I've gone through a whole slew of pickups and guitars since then but tonight I popped an A2Pb into my Standard and went back to start, I pulled a C5 out. The A2P sounds great, a little brighter than I remembered my old one being but it is a different guitar into far different amps. Sounds really good into the XXX but it shined in the Orange which kind of surprised me.

Seems to be a real good match with the Jazz neck on initial test runs which is great too. I amtrying to get away from the "hot" humbucker pups for now, I'll keep the CC in the Rat Fink Strat I let my son use for when I need the juice but I think next change is pulling the CC in my Custom and putting in an Anty. I may try them in the each guitar to see if one is best suited to a specific guitar, what fun, glad SD makes so many pups
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Re: Full circle...A2P

You should try a HYBRID Custom/59... it's nestles right in there between the Vintage and ot pickups...
    GMP Guitars RULE!

Comment

I am not really looking for any A5 or Ceramic mag bridge pups but maybe something between a CC and an A2P would be good.
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Ah I am also getting more and more sure of going entirely lowoutput all over.
        And I am really digging my A2 pickups more and more than my A5 ones.
        Love the balance and the warmth they have, I love my APH-1 neck pickup, and if the bridge sounds anything like it...then I want one.

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage
          I am not really looking for any A5 or Ceramic mag bridge pups but maybe something between a CC and an A2P would be good.
          That's what he was telling you.

You could go with a Hybrid and use an A2 magnet.

Comment

Working...
          X