Super 3 and LiquiFire incoming….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super 3 and LiquiFire incoming….

I scored a loaded body that has a Super 3 and Liquifire. What am I in for? A more cutting Super Distortion and a more mid-focused Norton? I’m excited to see what we’ve got…
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    I scored a loaded body that has a Super 3 and Liquifire. What am I in for? A more cutting Super Distortion and a more mid-focused Norton? I’m excited to see what we’ve got…
    I had a Super 3 in a HM Strat. It was pretty dark, smooth, and compressed. It split very, very well.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Basically is a superD with the spectrum squeezed a bit like a slightly pinched garden hose which increases the pressure/mids.
      I wouldn't really say more cutting because some equate that to sharper or clearer, which it isn't really. The extra push is right in the middle of the mids instead of the uppers.

If you have a guitar that is bright and zingy it will really help thicken it up without the usual pitfall of making it too bassy and/or muddy and slow.
      One of DMZ's best IMO due to it's uniqueness.

Comment

Very interesting, thanks guys. It’s a mahogany/maple body and will get a maple neck. Should be fun.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The super distortion 3 is pretty much the Phil Collen sound. He has so much maple going on with his guitars it makes sense to have something midrangey and darker in the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtomecha View Post
            The super distortion 3 is pretty much the Phil Collen sound. He has so much maple going on with his guitars it makes sense to have something midrangey and darker in the bridge.
            That's definitely true now, but all their classic hits were back when he was just another standard Super-D guy. Of course back then he was using different guitars also.

Comment

Super 3 is thick and dark. Great for a bright or thin sounding guitar. Never played a Liquifire.

Comment

I've used a Super 3 a few times, like mentioned, it used to be stock in the HM strats. Super fun to play, lots of mids, tight bass, and kinda dark on top but with a lot of harmonics, makes some stuff so easy to play you want to laugh. It's wound with lots of thin wire, hence the high DCR, and has oversized ceramic mags, but plays better than it sounds on paper.

Let us know what you think.

Comment

Have a Liquifire in my EBMM JP6. It’s not worlds apart from an Air Norton, not quite as dark. Pairs really well with the Crunch Lab (duh), and the middle split is killer. I bet it’ll be great with a Super 3.
                  “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
                    Super 3 is thick and dark. Great for a bright or thin sounding guitar. Never played a Liquifire.
                    Yep it's great for those types and guitars that are really wide and scooped sounding, like many with maple neck, ebony board, and floyd.
                    I have an EVO-n paired with it in my full-maple w/ebony Carvin. Still haven't had a Liquifire in anything, maybe someday.

Comment

Working...
                    X