need help with studio lord wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with studio lord wiring

I can't tell what's going here. It looks like the pups are wired into the tone pots. Has anyone seen something like this before. I was hoping to add new pups to it but am not sure whatsb going on here.

It looks like the pickups go to the volume pots, but then they tapped off the tone input to route back to the switch. It should still work as normal, it's just an unconventional way to do it.

Comment

Thanks. I've been searching the guitar websites trying to see if others do it this way but could not find examples.

Comment

Because the tones are tapped off the volume output lug, that makes them 50's wiring, which would be just slightly brighter, but the tones would interact with the volumes when one or the other are anything less than 10.

Comment

Thank you, again. It's starting to make sense. This is a 1970's Studio Lord single cut. I bought it in a Ebay auction from a seller in Japan.

I am hoping to put a 489t in the bridge and a SH2N in the neck. I've sat through the "Install Pick Ups in your guitar" online course that Seymour Duncan made available. But haven't done any of the soldering yet. I am also hoping to install one of those PureTone jacks. I hope not to make much of a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by passlaku View Post
            Thank you, again. It's starting to make sense. This is a 1970's Studio Lord single cut. I bought it in a Ebay auction from a seller in Japan.

I am hoping to put a 489t in the bridge and a SH2N in the neck. I've sat through the "Install Pick Ups in your guitar" online course that Seymour Duncan made available. But haven't done any of the soldering yet. I am also hoping to install one of those PureTone jacks. I hope not to make much of a mess.
            Look at a good diagram and take it slow. You might want new pots, too since you are replacing stuff.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
            X